Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My '99 Clubsport

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Finally have some new HSV mats to put in the VT which is something ive been wanting to put in since getting the car

Also last week got the front bumper resprayed

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Have done quite a bit to the car since last update, so quite a few pics coming up now.
First of all are the wheels, there is a picture of them on the thread before they got fixed up, but there all done now and on the car, I love them reckon they suit it well.

Next I got on to tidying up a few things in the interior, first I did the steering wheel, which like all of these wheels was starting to get a bit tired. Here it was before,

And after

Then I also gave the leather gear knob a bit of a tidy too

Then I got a whole lot of Calais interior pieces off a car at Pick a Part, the car had 600,000 on the clock but the pieces were in surprisingly good condition, apart from a couple of holes in one piece that I fixed up.

This is the piece with the holes, and a few pics of the holes getting fixed.

Then swapped the lock in the glove box over, and then put it all in.

Then moved on to engine bay to finally sort out the engine and rocker covers that were looking bad, have been meaning to do this since I got the car, so finally got onto it. I got the engine covers spraypainted, and the rocker covers powdercoated. This is what rocker covers were like.

The reason for this being that I couldn’t get the thin metal badges off the engine covers without damaging them and during the powdercoating process it would have been possible for the badges to get stripped of their paint. I really didn’t want to lose the badges so I stripped the engine covers myself which took ages!

And here they are back on the car, a quick before and after as well as a couple more pics.

And the last thing I have done so far was get some clear side indicators

And last of all for this update is a couple of pictures of the car is it is now

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Looking good, just need to drop that ride height a touch :D

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Such attention to detail, I am loving it!!! Have you considered colour coding the mirrors? Would be a nice touch.

Also - I love these wheels, same as my Clubby.

Agree with the ride height, looks like someone's lifted the front up a bit - oh and a tip - put some bolts in where under the license plate to combat any sagging - these are heavy bars with not quite enough support.

Oh and the interior would topped off nicely with some HSV pedals too - VT VX VY VZ HSV Manual Sports Pedal KIT V8 V6 Sedan UTE GTS Clubsport Maloo NEW | eBay

Coloured nut caps also set off alloys too IMO, I have a set of black ones. SET 20pcs 19mm CAR Plastic Caps Bolts Head Covers Nuts Alloy Wheel Matte Black | eBay

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Thanks for the replies and tips, I actually was planning on going to pick a part tomorrow to look at a car that I think might have the red mirrors, though the current ones dont really bother me to be honest. I would love that pedal cover set, but don't have an eBay, I'll see if I can find any for sale here.
Car definitely will not be getting lowered, cause of the angle the garage and driveway are on it would scrape like heck if it was any lower, I'm glad the bigger wheels actually made it a tad higher if I'm honest, maybe I'll lower it eventually when I leave home and have another garage to park it.
I'll take the license plate off tomorrow and look at putting some bolts through, oh and thanks for reminding me to put the wheel nut caps back on!

Ps. had a look at your clubsport mpower, looks awesome I like the wings they have on them, I wonder if it would look any good on my VT.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
ahh, the dreaded low driveway - if I was much lower than now I'd scrape my bar everywhere for sure, and trust me you don't want to try and realign these things they are a pita.

many of those pedal sets are from Holden dealers that are selling old stock. You can most likely contact them direct. For me eBay is worth it for the little bits and pieces you can often get from Holden dealers and service kits which save you a fortune.

I like the VX wing too, for me the biggest improvement over the VT to the VX HSV was the front and the rear bar - I prefer the VT's boot garnish though so you'd have to think which one overall fits your preferences.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks sweet with all that effort you put into it but well worth it. Thinking of raising my SS up a tad too cos it's getting annoying being a bit too low with my steep driveway also..I don't mind the orange side indicators on your red car as they sort of blend in with the paint and less obvious but clear is good too..Yeah some sports pedals would highlight the footwell with maybe a few footwell led strips would be cool..nice ride..cheers

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Great to see some more pics, and the way you've gone about it is awesome IMO, keeping it factory style but with your own subtle touches.
And it sounds fantastic too.
Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it again with your latest updates.
Totally make me want to do a resto on my Calais.. :)

5SPDV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport
Thanks Dave comments like that mean a lot, will have to drop in and show you sometime soon

Anyway here's a few pics I took last weekend