Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Momo steering wheel for VK

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
I'd like to know if I can fit a HDT/Momo steering wheel onto the orignal VK Boss or do I need a MOMO boss kit?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I'd like to know if I can fit a HDT/Momo steering wheel onto the orignal VK Boss or do I need a MOMO boss kit?

The original steering wheel bolts directly tot he steering column shaft, to fit a momo you need a boss kit. If your buying a momo wheel spend the extra on the momo boss they are nicer made.

cheers
Scott

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
So I can use any boss kit that's suited to my car regardless of brand?
You see, I had a SAAS wheel on before and took it off to put on the Momo, but it doesn't line up properly.
By the way, thanks for your link regarding the VK T5 conversion,helped a lot.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Steering wheels are like car wheel stud patterns you need the right one for the steering wheel/boss kit.
There are after market or momo and genuine, the genuine momo ones are nicer finished and personally i think are better like anything you get what you pay for

scott

Firezone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Hi all, should a like for like replacement momo boss kit be hard to fit? VK boss part number is 4805 and ive replaced it with a a new momo boss kit K4805. For some reason, it feels like I can’t marry the splines on the steering column together and the boss kit is not getting close enough to the steering column. I’ve tried greasing it but it won’t budge. Does it need a tap with a mallet or could it be faulty ?