Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Miracle Power

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Hi
Noticed this on Ebay very sketchy what they are selling any ideas?
Huge claims but no picture.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&category=32624

Mark

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I would say its a chip. I would also be sceptical, considering the dudes username is waynoswrx. If you cant work out what it is, from the for sale, like I cant, then I wouldnt bother, its like a "Baffle them with bullshit" thing

R

Robbie

have you asked the seller for more info?

there is a similar one going around for all cars... which I have a bit more info on claiming to give a 20% horsepower gain....

Cheers

Robbie

R

Robbie

I asked the question to someone who had bought something very similar and this is what they told me:
Quote"

i'd send you the performance mod but it's on my other computer but any way basically u disconect the inlet air temperature sensor and put a resisiter that tells the computer that it is hotter and there for makes it run ritck and more fuel more power and you do the same for the thermostate temp sensor but that's a little different cause you put a switch in that enables you to adjust the temperateure setting but the principle is same. I'm a back yard mech that i do alot with my vr commodore and the compture system in it and i wouldn't do it. your car running ritch for a long period couldn't be good cause it would make it run hot.
L.P. Taylor
"End Quote

I think I got another reply too.. i'll see if I can find it

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Its not a chip ..........but it has something to do with the map sensor and fooling the ecm into suppling more fuel

R

Robbie

This is the reply i got from someone else who had bought the part

quote"
Hi Robert
as your eminently more Qualified to call a judgement on this interruption
I would merely state that as I having been involved with my father invention of exhaust gas recirculation for Aircraft durring the 2nd world war I have patented both diesel also Gas burner fired burners through our Stevens rural engineering from Moree years ago and I recently evolved the Joe fuel cell which burns water under ionised vacuuming vapour I will make the call that in my opinion the device stated would only dump more fuel into the engine as per a choke and therefore use more fuel and environmental harmful as wasted unburnt fuel is a contaminant
"End Quote

This guy was a little wierd but He didn't have much good to say about the chip.

This is only for something similar but it wouldn't surprise me if someone bout this info and is now selling it for more.

The guy selleing the mod, waynoswrx has never sold on EBay before so this could be sketchy....

That's just my opinion...

Cheers
Robbie

R

Robbie

mark,

I'm pretty sure you're right.... it will give more power but be a direct cost in economy... Would it be detremental to your engine?

Robbie

R

Robbie

The one I was looking at is

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=2446435608

A bit too similar for my liking, and dodgy.. Another respose I did get was that it is just ptting a 25c resister in your computer to do the job

Robbie

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Sorry I meant MAT sensor.....Manifold Air Temperature sensor
Mounted in the inlet runner of number 6 cylinder of the manifold
Low air temp :high resistance 100,000 ohms
high temp :low resistance 70 ohms
probably some simple resistor put in the circuit somewhere.
What do you think?

R

Robbie

that's what it sounds like to me... i think it would chew gas like nothing else... maybe giving you better performance... they do claim it is reversable so for a few $$ you could take it out but I am not willing to risk it it my car...I'll settle for being slow, save my money and do the job properly...

They guy did admit to me that for your extra performance it will cost you in economy...

But I am assuming that both these mods are the same sort of thing..

Robbie