Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Marcus Ambrose...Voted greatest v8sc driver ever????

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/newsa...83/default.aspx

BWAAahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Stop........ Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

It's starting to hurt........ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Crying now and in pain......... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously... Can I have some of the drugs these morons have obviously taken.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Ambrose number one

Fixed the link for ya :)

Anyway...he is a dick, but I have to admit - he sure as hell can drive. I still wouldn't say he's "the best of the best" though.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Don't take me the wrong way he is a good, maybe great driver,... greatest ever??? I think not, especially never winning at Bathurst.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ahhhh NO.

On purely championships and round wins it would have to go to Scaife. (I don't particularly like the guy but the records speak for themselves). What are other peoples nominations?

Note it's V8SC era only and does not include Group A and earlier.

Reaper

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Wouldnt know anymore - dont get to watch to much of the V8 supercars.

Just lost a little interest in it last few years as nothing much happens.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Ahhhh NO.

On purely championships and round wins it would have to go to Scaife. (I don't particularly like the guy but the records speak for themselves). What are other peoples nominations?

Reaper

For me, it would have to be Mark Skaife. Multiple Bathurst winner, multiple championship winner, most round wins. Need i say more? In his last couple of years he obviously faded a bit, but i believe that was due to what was going on behind the scenes with Tom Walkinshaw. In the endurance events he is still showing he can drive a car and still be competitive, had he got rid of all the pressure on his shoulders before he retired he had more left in him IMO.

He would be closely followed by Craig Lowndes though.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I lol'd when i saw it in the mag. Infact i was almost in tears thinking it was april fools in september haha. Then i saw they were serious.

Ambrose is an awesome driver, the best, close, but not quite (leaves the series when his teammate stole his opportunity at a hatrick of championships).

In regards to the comments of him putting the car on pole his first race, winning your first year like lowndes is a greater achievment.
Have to say skaife is the greatest (and continues to prove it with last years bathurst result, in a team that wasn't considered anything special...)

Last edited:

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
Sorry that is just so wrong ,he may be good BUT certainly does not deserve that tag .
other than that comment
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Ahhhh NO.

Reaper

The only other person I can think of is Lowndes, 3 in a row at bathurst is no mean feat and has been pretty consistant.