Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual sticky.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Had the SSV ute series 1 for a few weeks. I didn't really notice on the test drive (too busy grinning) but it seems to be the same since the first day I got it. Every gear change feels sticky. It feels like I gotta pull it out of gear, kinda wait with pressure on the stick and the it goes into next gear. Is this normal my last manual 9 years ago (skyline) would just glide effortlessly into each gear. I feel like I gotta drag this thing into gears. So I'll try better to explain. 1st to 2nd, 3500rpm clutch in put pressure on the knob, 1 second later pulls into neutral 2800rpm slides straight and easy thru neutral and then pressure applied, 1 or 2 seconds and it drops into second rpm now like 1000rpm and need to release clutch and throttle up. But it's like firm pressure (outta first), lose stick, firm pressure (into second). This happens not matter what gear I'm in, up and down shift.

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
my first and second do that when cold, but comes good after a couple mins

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
I think its oil related too, thats why im doing some research on all oils

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
You seem to be having a lot of issues with a car none of us have even seen yet,unless I missed something.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
You seem to be having a lot of issues with a car none of us have even seen yet,unless I missed something.

I wouldnt say issues. I'm asking a lot of questions to ensure everything is normal as this is my first V8 Holden. I paid $9500 for it which is cheap so I'm expected something to be wrong but as ur fully aware on all accounts everything has been normal. Actually the only thing I've asked is this and the clutch everything else has been advice or opinions.

How do I post pics?

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Go to reply ,then advanced and click on the attachment icon.
You can then browse your PC for pics and d/l them to here.