Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man fined 50K for mobile phone jammer in car.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

A FLORIDA man is facing a US$48,000 ($52,000) fine for using a phone signal ‘jammer’ in his car, to prevent drivers around him from making calls.

Jason R Humprheys is accused by the US Federal Communications Commission of using a phone jammer in his vehicle during his daily commute on the Interstate 4 for about two years before he was caught, My Fox NY reports.

Telecommunications provider Metro PCS noticed its mobile phone tower sites experiencing interference during morning and evening rush hours and alerted authorities in April 2013.

Talking on a mobile phone while driving is legal in Florida, though texting is banned.

Agents from the Federal Communications Commission discovered strong wideband emissions issuing from Mr Humphreys’ Toyota Highlander SUV. Jammers such as the one discovered in the car are prohibited for use in the United States under federal law, because they threaten the communications infrastructure, including emergency calls.

Mr Humphreys said he used the jammer to keep people from talking on their phones while driving.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, where can I get one....

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Dealextreme sells them I think.

Its a double edged sword, I would love to flcik one on if i saw someone next to me on theres but yeah whos to say its not an emergency

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I can see the reason for stiff fine, there is no stopping one with such a device parking outside local phone exchange/tower, flicking it on, and causing chaos, perhaps to assist with other crime (not sure how strong they are though).

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I can see the reason for stiff fine, there is no stopping one with such a device parking outside local phone exchange/tower, flicking it on, and causing chaos, perhaps to assist with other crime (not sure how strong they are though).

most the ones ive seen on the net are good for about 25m max

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Melbourne taxi drivers have been known to use them to Jam their GPS trackers from sending their location via SMS

Dhgate.com
Aliexpress.com

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Every car should have one imo.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I know they are illegal here in NZ. The only placed that are allowed to use them are prisons.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
They are illegal to operate here. Mate of mine owns a taxi company here in melbourne and caught a few of his drivers with them. I subsequently ended up with a couple.

The range is not what they claim... still when the teenagers are supposed to be doing homework instead chatting to girlfriends and boyfriends..' I like to help them out little.