Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's latest, 955 Triumph Sprint ST

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Scored some wet weather over pants for $6 yesterday. These will be perfect for slipping over my jeans in temps of around 6deg so my legs don't freeze. Also just ordered these for $36. These should help combat my white knuckles when temps are down to 3-4deg at 7.30am and I still want to ride the bike.

1714796209737.png

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just checked tracking on my gloves and they are coming via "Slow-way" AKA Fastway. Hopefully they arrive while it's still winter. :rolleyes:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Picked up a SH RST textile jacket in a XXL today, along with a pair of Dririder gloves for $20 all up.. Jacket seems pretty decent. It's long and will be easier to get on than my race leather jacket. The gloves I'm not sure how warm they will be as they are not winter gloves by the looks of it, more of a spring glove. I'll test them tomorrow and see how they fare compared to my racing leather gloves.

20240506_191137.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Little thermal underlay gloves work well under normal gloves for that intermediate weather!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Little thermal underlay gloves work well under normal gloves for that intermediate weather!!!
Any chance you'd have a link or know where I'd get some? I'm probably at least another eight - ten days off receiving my heated gloves as they are via Fastway and from Sydney.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I can't remember the brand , had them well over 10 years.
Just google motorcycle thermal underlay gloves , they're thin can so fit under normal gloves.
Make a huge difference in that transmission period.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just google motorcycle thermal underlay gloves , they're thin can so fit under normal gloves.
Thanks, looks like BCF might have something. If they do Anaconda might as well. Couple of places to try at least.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bugger, Anaconda don't list any, BCF no stock. I'll have to wait until my heated gloves arrive.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Finally got the Sprint insured. It has been playing on my mind a bit not having any insurance. I was holding off while I got the chips and the scratch touched up and waiting for my last monthly instalment to tick over. Pleasantly surprised they insured it for $4k no problem and it's only setting me back $34 a month. I probably could have asked for more. I did choose regular use as it was only $5 per month more than limited use of two days a week. Makes me feel better in case I slide out on an oil patch or ice and a car hits my bike. I didn't want to be up the cost of another car if the worst did occur.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yeah, I use to wear those thermal gloves when I did a lot of early morning cycle riding.