Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Live Chat Up To Old Tricks

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey yall,
unfortunatly as we all are aware, there have been some problems of late with the live chat that is currently in action. Well it's doing it's old trick again, i have taken steps to contact darren, im sure he will reply at the first chance he get's, (hopefully when he's sober enough) and it will be rectifyed hopefully. untill then, you are all just gonna have to live without the good old chat for now.

Should you have any questions, feel free to email moderators or admin member's. there is a little link on the bottom of each page that say's moderation/admin team. you can pm members from there.

Once again, i apologise for the hastle of no chat. i know some members are getting pretty peve'd of with it.

cheers
garth
administrator

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
As luck would have it my mobile stuffed up last night, it thinks the battery is dead when it's fully charged hmm.

Anyway it would appear if you have an _ in your name it appears to be triggering the bug although that still leaves the question why does it happen to me also on a certain PC.

I have already expressed my concerns about the problems we've been experiencing with it and the quality of support is dismal. One thing though we certainly aren't alone that's for sure.

By all means if you have any suggestions at all certainly drop me a PM or email.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I dont have an underscore in my name, but I do have a space, and I havent been able to use chat yet, its making me stay in there. I dunno.

I do have a suggestion for you though Darren, have you thought about a java portal to an IRC channel? That way you can use your web browser if youre just a casual chatter, or use a full on IRC client if you are serious.

It looks like youre running from a Linux server, so all you would have to do is grab a channel on a redundant IRC server (maybe au.austnet.org) and set up an eggdrop on your JC server so you will always have complete control of the channel and who is in it. Plus because your eggdrop is always there, you wont lose it to some lamer when everybody exits.

I'd be happy to help if you like my idea.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Generally the things which trigger the chat to have problems are underscores, spaces or names longer than 20 characters.

There has been no known fix for it of yet and I am seriously considering canning the chat all together until we can find a better alternative which is more stable.

Amongst the main page site redesign as well as forum I will be looking at this as an alternative as well although nothing is set in concrete as yet.