Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Last GT Falcon rolls off the line as the first new model Falcon and Territory follow

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Latest troll pic doing the rounds, lol.

10277847_705812572844223_1737002398468985726_n.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'm sorry, didn't the last GT roll of the line in 73? Oh that's right, they tried to resurrect a classic badge (a few times) and failed, just like most other manufacturers who have tried it (Holden included).
72, those fat ugly things don't count.

doccortex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Sedan
New Falcon will be doing some laps this weekend at Bathurst if you care to take a look at it.

Not much point, when they are destined for the scrapheap. What is going to happen to V8 Supercars without that rivalry!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Sure as hell counts when Ford guys harp on about the fastest 4 door saloon in nineteen dickey six :p

Not much point, when they are destined for the scrapheap. What is going to happen to V8 Supercars without that rivalry!

Ford isnt going anywhere in the V8SC. Just factory funded teams aka FPR.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

I have to disagree with that, I actually think the XA-B (not C) are a much better looking car than the XY, especially a coupe. The XA-B coupe is the only ford I'd ever consider owning, but I can't because I don't know what I'd do for an engine, no way in hell I'd own a Cleveland. Would it be wrong to put a Chev in?

Sure as hell counts when Ford guys harp on about the fastest 4 door saloon in nineteen dickey six :p
I think he's more referring to XA on GT's not the XY. It was the fastest 4 door sedan. Well of coarse it was the fastest 4 door sedan, because ford was the only one dumb enough to build their flagship performance (supposedly) model on a 4 door platform. Everyone else was building 2 doors, as they should. Ford guys never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn though....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have to disagree with that, I actually think the XA-B (not C) are a much better looking car than the XY, especially a coupe. The XA-B coupe is the only ford I'd ever consider owning, but I can't because I don't know what I'd do for an engine, no way in hell I'd own a Cleveland. Would it be wrong to put a Chev in?

I think he's more referring to XA on GT's not the XY. It was the fastest 4 door sedan. Well of coarse it was the fastest 4 door sedan, because ford was the only one dumb enough to build their flagship performance (supposedly) model on a 4 door platform. Everyone else was building 2 doors, as they should. Ford guys never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn though....
Meh give me an XT GT in GT Silver over any of them.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Being old enough to remember these things when they were being released and road tested, I think the boast was that the GTHO was actually the fastest four door sedan in the world, not just Aus. That then takes in, for example, Beemers, Jaguars, and Mercs, all of whom were making high performance four door sedans at the time, plus anything the States were putting out at that time. The yanks preferred two doors for performance cars but they were still stuffing some big engines into sedans, too.

The Phase IV which would have been released officially in the XA would probably have been faster, but of course, it was only made in about three or four cars before the programme was canned.