Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L-plater’s Holden crushed in public after he was clocked at 253km/hr

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Shame about the ute.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The remains were sold for scrap and donated to charity .............................what a pack of dickheads. :(
Would have been worth far more to be dismantled and sold off as parts, to be donated to charity.

But publicity is worth far more than the end result ..........So sayeth Eddie Jones (Wallabies coach) every time the Wallys get flogged.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I seen the vid thinking nooooooo. Lucky I didn't watch the vid in my shed, BT would have been most upset. Stripped down and sold there was easy $15k in parts right there, turned in to $250 worth of scrap.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I seen the vid thinking nooooooo. Lucky I didn't watch the vid in my shed, BT would have been most upset. Stripped down and sold there was easy $15k in parts right there, turned in to $250 worth of scrap.

Done as a statement for other considering doing the same thing....Then again, the idiots out there won't take much notice, so is a bit of a waste

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A lot less than that!

I see the occasional VE SS ute being wrecked locally and no joke within a month the ad is pulled with the car having just a few basic parts left. As wrecks these things sell quick and make decent money. Obviously the Gov don't care about making money.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I see the occasional VE SS ute being wrecked locally and no joke within a month the ad is pulled with the car having just a few basic parts left. As wrecks these things sell quick and make decent money. Obviously the Gov don't care about making money.
2 different things!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, exactly. Even if the Gov somehow made it a stat write off and sold it to a preferred wrecker with the profit of the sale going to charity. But that would make too much sense.

Reactions: Lex