Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JustCommodores.com.au is here

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
.com will be still around but just used for forwarding traffic to the .com.au.

The way we've got it setup at present the database is all one but there are 2 copies of the site sitting on the server which isn't ideal as it totals to just over a gig.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well I hate to be doing this but shall I say what could go wrong has gone wrong. While we had it initially working without a problem it was simply undoable the way it was setup.

I now know the DNS records by now have updated so just check on the .com.au and hopefully by next week we should have finished moving the site over completely. The forum and shop will be the last to go as they are the most crucial aspects of the site and I don't want any downtime where both of them are concerned.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Darren said:
Well I hate to be doing this but shall I say what could go wrong has gone wrong. While we had it initially working without a problem it was simply undoable the way it was setup.

I now know the DNS records by now have updated so just check on the .com.au and hopefully by next week we should have finished moving the site over completely. The forum and shop will be the last to go as they are the most crucial aspects of the site and I don't want any downtime where both of them are concerned.

Patience my dear fellow... Have you started to rip your hair out yet? :b: Mind you I'm not the model citizen when it comes to patience... haha Sure things will eventually iron out smoothly! ;)

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I didn't get to the stage where I was ripping my hair out but came close to grabbing the first cigarette I could find and lighting up. It's funny actually I can work on a help desk environment all day without a problem but give me a few niggling problems which don't go away and I lose it.

Some of you guys may have noticed some weird mysql errors earlier this morning, if you see them it's me playing around in the background trying to get everything working.

Why is it when you have a nice long break from something things then seem to fall into place? This morning in 2 hours I've managed to move across most things apart from the forum and shop, the shop itself is very close other than a minor links problem but the forum on the otherhand is a little more tender I guess you could say.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Everything now appears to be in order in terms of the site.

Mail from the .com domain is still creating issues, I have gone as far as I can solo so from here on I've requested some assistance with the email side of things. I don't want to manually re-create 400 odd email accounts if I can help it.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Darren etc - well done and keep the good work up. Regards

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Thanks hako, the hard stuff has been done although I am really no closer to getting email from .com working on the .com.au which is a real pain but none of this has been easy so far.

That is normal DJ, the way the redirect is done there is no way around this unfortunately. We have dropped massively in the search engine rankings which I am working my arse off to get back so things could be still a little slow for a little while but there isn't much I could have done with that regard.