Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing new seats

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Has anyone ever used a torque wrench on a seat bolt? Or even seen someone do that? I doubt it

bushute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Has anyone ever used a torque wrench on a seat bolt? Or even seen someone do that? I doubt it

Yes, I did, and the manufacturer did too! I also followed the manufacturers torque specification for the seatbelt anchor bolts. I use a torque wrench for anything where there is a supplied torque specification.

Your response is of no help and is merely a thought bubble followed by an opinion. Although the OP was some time ago, the original question is still valid. I answered the OP as best I could to assist others in the future should they have the same question.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Yes, I did, and the manufacturer did too!
How many Vy seats have you ever taken out and put back in a car? What do you think the dealers did when they removed and replaced the seats? Did you loctite the bolts like the factory did?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m a big fan of torquing things but I have never in all my years torqued a seat bolt.

I did torque the seatbelt bolts in one car.