Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing new seats

Aussiecv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro & VE SV6
I've installed lots of seats over the years and have never torqued them yet. Never had a seat come loose either.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
+1 for normally, i've done at least 6 seats (not a lot) and so far over 30 000km never come loose at all. For safety's sake put some loctite on the bolt, all will be good.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
You need to beware of ADR.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
I've always wondered if there was as well so i had a quick browse around the net and checked the adr's, and found little. I found one relating to corvettes[link below]. All I've ever done is use a little bit of thread lock and do them up good and tight, just don't annihilate them.

Seat Bolt Torque Specs - Corvette Forum

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
I've always wondered if there was as well so i had a quick browse around the net and checked the adr's, and found little. I found one relating to corvettes[link below]. All I've ever done is use a little bit of thread lock and do them up good and tight, just don't annihilate them.

Seat Bolt Torque Specs - Corvette Forum

Interesting, thanks for that. Might have see if I can borrow a torque wrench

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
I've only installed 2 seats but did them normally without a torque wrench and just loctite'd the bolts. Had absolutely no dramas for the time I had them (about 20000kms). With ADR, I doubt they will pick you up for seat bolts unless they are obviously loose.

bushute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I know this is an old thread but to assist others that come looking for this info, like I did, the torque specifications are:
Front seat bolts: 35-50Nm
Seat belt anchor bolts: 35-50Nm

Loctite is not necessary.

Over-tightening a bolt can weaken it and cause it to break, which may occur at a most inopportune time e.g. in a collision. Under-tightening will cause it to eventually come loose.

'Good and tight' is not the right way. The manufacturer sets torque specifications for a reason. Use them. I found the above in the Service and Repair manual.