Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Injecting old V8>> conversion

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
cheers thanks heaps for that. might sound a stopid Q and i might have forgotten something obvious but if i get a whole wreck why not rip the loom out of mine and clean swap the lot. as the carby fed has no computer or anything i thought it would work...

also having just thought about this, will i have to get an engineers report or can i simply swap teh engine numbers on the rego like when you replace with a reco?
car gets some attention as is so you would see my need to do the conversion in the most legal way possible.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Have seen people use the VN-VS loom but it looks very untidy as there is so much wiring in these models and if you put the whole loom in you would have to use the correct dash for the wiring and it just turns into a night mare! The wiring loom from Castle autos looks really neat and proffessional and i think you wont be dissapointed! If the car is already a V8 you should not need an engineers report but consult an engineer first! My dad and i run a business and we do EFI engine conversions so if you need any more advice dont hesitate to ask. For us this conversion would take 2 days from start to finish!

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
ncie thanks for that mate ill pM you if i get moving any further on this...

vk_wagon

my vk on equus 20's
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84 on 20's
hi i just brought a vk wagon it originally had a efi 202 i wanna put a v8 in it but i would like it to be a carby v8 5ltr am i alowed to do that?

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Yes you are allowed but you may have to prove something with the emmissions - maybe some testing? Why wouldn't you go EFI V8 anyway? You could save yourself some cash with the carby conversion and just throw it at the EFI 6 with maybe a turbo or even easier, a supercharger.

With the effort it will take to put a carby V8 in I think that you will be disappointed with the results vs cash/time spent. Not to mention the increased fuel costs.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
where are you vk wagon? if my conversion goes ahead ill have a carby v8 for ya.

vk_wagon

my vk on equus 20's
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84 on 20's
vlv8vic im in sydney how much u want for it? were are u? depending on how much ur asking we might be able to make an arrangement to post it up with the post at my expence

vk_wagon

my vk on equus 20's
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84 on 20's
wat would i have to prove for the emmisions wouldnt i just be able to get them from another carby v8 and use that?its not that i dont want efi its just its to much crap with wiring and cp id prefer carby cause if it stuffs up i know wat to do and i have more knowladge of the carbys then efi.i was gonna throw a 6 in it but i dont like turbos or superchargers i want something naturally insperated. well as i said ive had 2 vks one i sold and he had a v8 already in his vh and it fitted straight in and ive looked around for 5ltr efi and there all $3000 and up i can pic up a carby one for half price

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
naturally aspired mate.

i wouldnt be after too much for it. i reckon you are probably after something sooner than mine will be out anyway., im in southern vic.

vk_wagon

my vk on equus 20's
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84 on 20's
yer thats it insperated asperated same thing different smell
how much u want? im in no hurry ive just got it and im gonna get it resprayed and the rest first so ive got a while