Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Idea

J

Jaime S.

I've had an idea recently that if you start a forum topic, you could be able to edit the description and other users posts. For example if some idiot posts in my forum thread (eg. Colour Central), and every bloody word is miss-spelt, I could be able to change it. Otherwise, I've got a post that no-one can understand and it's disgustingly unsightly.

For example, someone called Botanica Mica, (VS Series One to VT Series One 1995-98 Turquoise), Botanic Clue.

Cheers,
Jaime S.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Some Idiot!!!

That's abit harsh!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
jamie s.
while i understand exactly where you are comming from with your idea, it's not fesable. (dont knock my spelling either) editing of post's isnt permited in this site. should you have a problem with a post, you can report a post to the admin team, or moderator team, and they will take the action required. you need to ofcourse mention what the problem with the post you have it i.e. spelling

R

Robbie

I agree with Garth,

Otherwise the topic starter can completely dominate the thread.

Cheers,

Robbie

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
QUOTE (Robbie @ Feb 18 2004, 08:40 AM) I agree with Garth,

Otherwise the topic starter can completely dominate the thread.

Cheers,

Robbie
I'll second that...

You'd be able to delete/change what people actually say or what they meant, if someone didn't like someone else, you could edit their post to an extent that they get thrown outta here...

"...But I didn't post that, somebody must've edited it..."
"...sorry, but it's your post, it's your name..."

Hell, you might as well be a mod...

Tedee

J

Jaime S.

If I could edit posts in Colour Central, I'd just correct the spelling and grammar so people can understand it. I WOULD NEVER FRAME SOMEONE, EVER. I'd sign a contract if you don't believe me.

Cheers,
Jaime S.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
The way the forum software runs it wouldn't be possible to do that Jamie.

PM Darren and see if maybe he can organise something with you.

Cheerio.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Paul is right on the money, this cannot be done. As nice as it would be to put into place not every can be trusted with something like this.

Not saying that you would be one of these people Jaime but you could imagine someone having a hissy fit at a mod or even a admin and going through and deleting all posts they have created.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
better yet if the thread starter didnt like someone who posted in the thread they could edit their post to say something like "user likes men" or something similiar
not really needed anyway just pm the person or make a new post discussing your issue with their post