Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I have fitted a vy v6 into my ford transit auto is in limp mode.

Icecreamanddonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore aclaim 2003
Hi Guys
I have fitted a vy v6 into my 2005 ford transit. I got auto electrician to wire for me it starts and runs but the auto trans is in limp mode.
I was told it looks like he hasn't wired up auto trans. I bought engine and trans complete with wiring loom out of a running car. I got wiring diagram but the wire colours don't seem to match the diagram I have. Can anyone suggest someone who could help.
Regards Norm

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Try Penfield wreckers.....I believe he does wiring looms to suit all sorts of weird and wonderful engine transplants.

A mate of mine put a BA Barra and auto into a 2010 ish Merc diesel van...He coughed up $600ish for a custom loom, ready to plug and play for this combo...Works a treat...

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi Guys
I have fitted a vy v6 into my 2005 ford transit. I got auto electrician to wire for me it starts and runs but the auto trans is in limp mode.
I was told it looks like he hasn't wired up auto trans. I bought engine and trans complete with wiring loom out of a running car. I got wiring diagram but the wire colours don't seem to match the diagram I have. Can anyone suggest someone who could help.
Regards Norm
Did you go back to auto elec. that did the original wiring, if so what did he say?

Icecreamanddonuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy commodore aclaim 2003
Did you go back to auto elec. that did the original wiring, if so what did he say?
I did call him and he just said he wasn't sure how to do it plus he was real busy. He struggled to wire it in the first place.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did call him and he just said he wasn't sure how to do it plus he was real busy. He struggled to wire it in the first place.

Try Penfields wreckers...Commercial Road Salisbury North...He does this sort of stuff

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hopefully using the few diagrams in the link you can double check the pin outs on what you have.