Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HSV Launches Limited Edition GTS

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
now, the original monaro HRT 427. that would have been a beast.
that was the original 427 but something (cant remember) stopped them from selling it.
which appears may have been the price tag to do it =P (apparently $250k+)

The HRT427 was intended to be a track car. Rollcage, no back seat, racing seats in the front, no stereo, etc. However a lot of the people who were interested in buying them actually wanted them for road use from memory.

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
I think with their pricing and placement of HSV's lineup it will always be difficult to justify to normal holden owners a little. to the people that already afford HSV's though I think they need to reduce the lineup a little and have a real high spec/custom HSV. something that is actually worth the majority of the $100K that people shell out for one.

just on the comments of series 2 uglyness? I dont mind em to be honest, and looking at prices on carsales/carpoint they seem to be a fair bit of kit for the price even if it is 2nd hand. ie compare a low km 2nd hand VE series 2 vs the price of a new SS Z series and HSV seems to make sense in that regard. (they hold their price better, they are a little rarer than your standard SS and they are better optioned) That said, I think if I was to buy one, something needs to be done with the front bar, love the grille, but the front bar seems lacking in shape/light configuration somehow.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
HSV is just a tarted up commodore now any way. Obviously has always been the case but I mean now it seems it's just not exclusive. The Black Edition with it's MS word "Black Edition" scripting. This new one with some wheels, vents ( which come off another model) HSV need to bring the magic back. How many VT Clubsports do you see? Or VR/VS. Back then you got a number and it was guaranteed to be fairly low. HSV are just sell outs which makes business sense I guess.

Edit: Although in saying that most are just a body kit and rims I'm more ranting about there being too many new HSV's.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
HSV is just a tarted up commodore now any way. Obviously has always been the case but I mean now it seems it's just not exclusive. The Black Edition with it's MS word "Black Edition" scripting. This new one with some wheels, vents ( which come off another model) HSV need to bring the magic back. How many VT Clubsports do you see? Or VR/VS. Back then you got a number and it was guaranteed to be fairly low. HSV are just sell outs which makes business sense I guess.

Edit: Although in saying that most are just a body kit and rims I'm more ranting about there being too many new HSV's.

i dont know if this is the way they sort of want to go.
but its almost like HDT is turning into the old version of HSV.
i mean how many of the HDT cars do you see. (ive seen one, and my god, it sounded so nice)

although they are just putting together old bodykits etc, they could start making their own set ups, and go from there.
just my thoughts anyway

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
i mean how many of the HDT cars do you see. (ive seen one, and my god, it sounded so nice)

although they are just putting together old bodykits etc, they could start making their own set ups, and go from there.
just my thoughts anyway

Definitely seems like it. Hopefully one day they branch out and make their own kits.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
The older they get the more exclusive they become, I mean my VXII Clubsport is build 962 and it was built right at the end of the VX series lifetime meaning there were probably only 1000 or so made. Over the years they dwindle in numbers quite a lot (written off, otherwise trashed) and there aren't that many around.

Some of the new Clubsports are so freaking awesome (unless you count the exterior styling) and in years to come they will stay exclusive.

Not only that but they have always been "tarted up Commodores" after all that's the base car....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

In truth there is more differentiation between the base Commodore and the general HSV range than ever before. I'm not a fan of the sticker specials either but at least be factual with your criticisms.

As for the clubsport name plate, the *ONLY* limitation on it was how many they could sell. That is it.

Compare the E series to the base -

different engine - check
different brakes - check
body kit - check
Suspension upgrade - check
EDI infotainment system - check
Seats & misc interior trims - check
Gearbox - manual = different
auto = same (different tune though)
Diff - ratio change

Lets look at say the VR/VS you mentioned

different engine - nope (a bit of fiddling with the tune)
different brakes - some models yes, others no.
body kit - check
suspension upgrade - check
Infotainment - Bwahahahaha
Seats & Interior trim - mostly different
Gearbox - same (GTS had a 6 speed manual IIRC)
Auto = same
Diff - ratio change (some had a hydratrak LSD system).

In truth, the drivetrain is more different now than it ever has been. Some like the styling, others despise it - that's a fair call but as for the rest, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

just my thoughts anyway

The current generation of HDT will never be any more than a bit player. Without a factory warranty they will only ever sell a hand full of cars each year. I also like most of their designs with the retro look but doubt I'd ever seriously look at buying one.

The older they get the more exclusive they become, I mean my VXII Clubsport is build 962 and it was built right at the end of the VX series lifetime meaning there were probably only 1000 or so made. Over the years they dwindle in numbers quite a lot (written off, otherwise trashed) and there aren't that many around.

Some of the new Clubsports are so freaking awesome (unless you count the exterior styling) and in years to come they will stay exclusive.

Not only that but they have always been "tarted up Commodores" after all that's the base car....

Very true about the numbers. As the years go on, natural attrition kills plenty of cars. Further to that, people bitch about how common the current clubsports are, and how much HSV have failed with them - WTF?? If it's common then I'd suggest they have sold plenty. What is rare is most of the FPV offerings. Why?? Because they sell bugger all per month. I don't know why as they are a excellent product and deserve to sell more but it is what it is.

Reaper

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I also think that all the Fakesports on the road make people think there are more than there really is, I don't see heaps of HSV around Brisbane - you see more than you used to but in truth that's probably due to the fact that the HSV brand has been around longer now. I have to say as well, there are so many little things that people don't realise go into HSV as a whole package that you just don't get out of a tarted up standard car (or even a tarted up SS).

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
With the E series there ain't many good fakes due to the taillight config. This is one of the first which makes it harder to duplicate.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think people missed the point of my post. I'm sure back when the VR/VS - VZ clubsports came out you were lucky to see one. Now it seems the E series HSV's are everywhere.