Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Howard vs Rudd

Howard vs Rudd for PM

• Rudd

Votes: 92 64.8%
  • Howard

Votes: 50 35.2%

• Total voters

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
you didnt answer my question so ur saying that its fair for the goverment to already take the minimun wage and reduce it by 50 dollars a week and you expect a young family to survive on it.

Which minimum wage was reduced by $50 per week? And for that matter which company implemented it? (I'm asking about instances where you have first hand knowledge - not what the guy on the bus heard from his brother in-law's second cousin).

Reaper

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
the question was to mr MasterOfReality he said when he was on a scholarship of $360 a week he could manage to pay 200 a week rent go out feed himself and hav a v8 as a daily driver he then went on saying that he survived so there is no reason y others cannot survived on the minimum wage as it stands now or even if it was $50 dollars a week less

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
SS - You are getting fed a load of tripe by your Union Pres. Do you realize that the Labor party is the political arm of the union movement? Did they disclose to you the millions they raise and pour into labor party campaigns? Do you realize the union movement hold the majority of power within the Labor caucus? Ever wondered why virtually every ACTU president ends up in labor politics? They are filling you with crap and playing on peoples fear of the unknown or what they don't quite understand.

Don't believe me?? Ask him exactly what I have asked you - what scarey new laws? Where can I find information on them (A Union news letter is not a reliable source). These people have a vested interest in seeing that Labor is elected and the Liberal party gets booted out - you need to keep that in mind when you listen to them.

Contrary to the Union line - bosses, managers or whatever you want to call them are not the enemy and in most cases are more than happy to help their employees as long as their requests are realistic.

Look at the language on their news posters - the union demanded (whatever) after demands were made on ABC company. Sorry but if you demand anything from me you will probably get a negative response. Try to work with me so we can both move forward and I'm putty in your hands.

Yep - in general I dislike the union movement. They have their place however for the most part in Australian manufacturing I believe they are poisonous for both their membership and any company they infect.

The Cowra meat works had nothing to do with the new IR laws and was shown to be illegal under both systems. I am sure there are more than a few cases similar though. This will happen from time to time whatever laws are in place and to suggest this is anything approaching the norm is a gross exaggeration. Be more scared that a car is going to crash into your house because that is just as likely to happen to you.

Reaper

our EA runs out at the end of the year BMA the company i work for arnt even going to look at our EA until after they know who wins the election. so forgive me if i dont belive you when you say the unions are feeding us a load of tripe

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
totaly ur choice weather you vote or not just dont complain about whats going on in this country if u dont vote you dont have a say.

You like to bitch and moan a lot. Seems the only people who are worried about the new IR laws are the ones that have something to hide. If you need to hide behind a union or government legislation to secure a decent wage and job security, you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

These things should not be a god given right. If you want a decent wage, get a decent job. But no doubt you dropped out of school in year 10, no skills and expect 80k a year. The government isn't there to line your pockets. If you want better in life stop ya bitching and do something about it. And that goes for anybody who wants to cry about minimum wage.

Oh and I vote for Howard. I believe he's done a pretty reasonable job. Clearly most members here are too young to remember a labor government.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
our EA runs out at the end of the year BMA the company i work for arnt even going to look at our EA until after they know who wins the election. so forgive me if i dont belive you when you say the unions are feeding us a load of tripe

Each and every thing I have posted is true and correct. All can be independently verified very easily. If you are having trouble with anything let me know and I'm happy to point you in the right direction. I just hope you understand that the union movement under wright the Labor party and have a vested interest in their success.

You still haven't backed up your claim of "scary new ir laws" beyond - "It's what my union rep said". Sorry mate that doesn't cut it and falls into the catagory of "it was on tv so it must be true". Bottom line - in the absence of anything to back up such a claim - IT'S TRIPE!

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You like to bitch and moan a lot. Seems the only people who are worried about the new IR laws are the ones that have something to hide. If you need to hide behind a union or government legislation to secure a decent wage and job security, you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

These things should not be a god given right. If you want a decent wage, get a decent job. But no doubt you dropped out of school in year 10, no skills and expect 80k a year. The government isn't there to line your pockets. If you want better in life stop ya bitching and do something about it. And that goes for anybody who wants to cry about minimum wage.

Oh and I vote for Howard. I believe he's done a pretty reasonable job. Clearly most members here are too young to remember a labor government.

Some have something to hide but in this case (and the vast majority of others) I doubt it. I think its more ignorance and fear of the unknown that grows out of that ignorance.

Reaper

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman

Too right. They are there to line big businesses pockets.

Oh and SOMEONE has to do the crap jobs out there and they should be entitled to enough to get by. I cant say I dont disagree with getting rid of unfair dismissal laws because an employer wouldnt get rid of a good worker that is pulling their weight and a lot of the time employees that are slack hide behind unfair dismissal laws.

But I do disagree with anything that lowers minimum wages. Everyone cant be at the top of the heap and be in a lucky enough position to demand a decent wage.

Last edited:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs

Clearly your a high income earner , the unions and government legislation is put in place for the people who dont understand all the legal aspects and rights they are entitled to, and also to improve the conditions of the employees. Its not all about money itsd about working conditions too. Many people on minium wage would prefer to have all the benefits and money associated with a decent job. but to some its out of reach. Its unfair to judge that everyone down there (minium wage) arent trying to improve their life . I know there has to be an element of hard work to climb to the top but alot of it is the choices u have made in the past and not knowing what it leads to.
Cleary your an agrogant prick with your nose poking higher than most members here .

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
im just gonna say my 2 cents here. My father paid $45,000 for a house in Edwardstown (fairly wealthy area for SA) under a labor government with a 25% intrest rate. The intrest in that house alone was $11250. That house was recently sold for $300,000 mark which at 6% intrest is $18,000. Yes inflation occurs but not at the rate of this. Low intrest rates have allowed house prices to skyrocket and so people are spending more then they were under a labor government on repaying intrest alone....As for the IR laws 4 of my friends fathers/mothers have got the sack and now are relying on centrelink for money as these days its fairly hard for 50 + years people to get a job in this country...Thankyou Mr. Howard, Costello and all the other liers in this so called democracy. So much for a fair nation

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Clearly your a high income earner , the unions and government legislation is put in place for the people who dont understand all the legal aspects and rights they are entitled to, and also to improve the conditions of the employees. Its not all about money itsd about working conditions too. Many people on minium wage would prefer to have all the benefits and money associated with a decent job. but to some its out of reach. Its unfair to judge that everyone down there (minium wage) arent trying to improve their life . I know there has to be an element of hard work to climb to the top but alot of it is the choices u have made in the past and not knowing what it leads to.
Cleary your an agrogant prick with your nose poking higher than most members here .

I started right at the bottom of my chosen profession as a 16 year old earning $4.50 an hour. I'm in the sheetmetal trade and started as nothing more than a factory hand. I got where I am through hard work and perseverance. Have alway given 100% at work and never take sick leave. I got where I am through being diligent and reliable.

Clearly I come from a working class background which means in theory I should support unions and labor which clearly I don't. I worked for a company which had heavy union involvement for about 2 years. (CFMEU) Unions in theory are a good concept, but in reality they cause more problems than they solve. The problems with unions is that too many shop stewards are lazy no hopers who just like to bitch and moan.

The MUA dock strike a few years ago is a good example. Most union members are the first to cry foul when they get hassled for their choice to join a union, yet the first site of non-union labour being brought in they all go on strike. Yeah you should have the right to be in a union, but you should also have the right to not be in a union.

Also when I was working for this unionised company they hired a Shift Supervisor straight out of uni. He refused to join the union and his time there was horrible. He copped so much ****e from everybody. The bloody union wanted to go on strike because he went around and talked to all the machine operators asking questions about what they did and how their machines worked. Unions called it harassment.

As for me being a high income earner, I don't think it is relevant, but for the record I earn low to mid 50's. Hardly a high earner; I'm just smarter with my money than a lot of people.