Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to use Sv6 Cruise Control

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
My car has come without a book, i was wondering how to set the speed and use cruise control!

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
push the button in on the indicator stalk, this turns on cruise, then turn the stalk downwards to set, once set rotating up/down will adjust speed set accordingly

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
yep, as impulsive said...i think you can go up aswell the first time you use it after you start your car..then it remembers it..so just say you were going 110kmh, set it to that speed...the later on you would want to go 80kmh...flick the switch down, if you flick it up it will accelerate away to 110kmh rather quickly haha..thats what i found anyway:p

gregiem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
You must use brakes once before you can turn cruise control on. If you pull out from a servo onto a freeway you can't set it until you apply brakes first.

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
You can set two speeds, just like 2005vzute said, if you get up to 110 and set the stalk upwards it'll remember 110km/h if you decelerate to 90 and set the stalk down it'll remember 90km/h.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Impulsive and 2005vzute have pretty much covered it, but I'll add my 2c in.

The button is used to turn the CC unit on or off, and activates the "CRUISE" icon on the dash. If the cruise control is actively maintaining the vehicle's speed, pressing the buttone once will deacitvate the cruise control, but not turn the unit off.

Flicking the knob down at a certain speed will set the CC to the current speed (over 40kmph), and cause the "ACTIVE" icon to appear on the dash. If the CC is already set and active, flicking the knob down will decrease the set speed in 1kmph increments; holding it down will decrease set speed until the knob is released. It doesn't apply brakes!

Flicking the knob up will resume the last set speed after you've deactivated CC, eg. for braking behind a truck. Flicking it upwards if the CC is set will increase the set speed by 1kmph each time; holding it increases the speed until the knob is realeased.

Pressing the brake (and clutch if manual) will deactivate the CC, but not turn the unit off.

gregiem, I have never noticed that before :S anyone else vouch for that? I don't recall mine requiring the brakes depressed once before it works...

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
You must use brakes once before you can turn cruise control on. If you pull out from a servo onto a freeway you can't set it until you apply brakes first.

never had this problem, cruise turns off when you turn the car off.. if he is pulling out of a servo or anywhere where the car has been off then the cruise is off. Tap the brakes to unset the cruise

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
never heard of it...my cruise control turns off when i turn the car off or when i hit the clutch or brakes...i have a question about this topic though...if your in a manual and at sayyy, 40-50kmh in 3rd gear...and if your cruises control was set previously to 110kmh...what would happen if you flicked the switch upwards so it remembers to go to 110kmh and ur only in 3rd gear..would it jsut rev the **** out of the engine untill you change gear and start all over again? would it turn its self off once it gets to certain revs? or can it magically change gears for us:), that would be awesome haha..i dont plan on trying this, just wondering what would happen..i suppose its the same in an auto if you were using the shifter to change gears instead of D

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
the car would labour in 3rd gear, eventually building up enough revs to get to 110.. prob be a very high revs but you can do 110 in 3rd

slammedvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs calais, ve ssv
ve you have to touch the brake first but not vz