Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HORSEPOWER & IRS PROBLEMS ???

G

GTR3300

I'm currently in the process of turbo charging my CV8 Monaro, has anyone had any problems with putting power thru the Holden IRS & if so what options are there. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Most ls1's experience some sort of axel bounce which will kill your axels but if you feed the power on your diff should cope with the extra power my mate has a 730rwhp ls1 ute still running stock diff with no problems put he has to keep running gear in mind when driving it hard and it should last.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
C&V sell replacement heavy duty driveshafts that use a uni instead of a CV joint...dont know how much or how good they are, but they look pretty strong

UNSAFE

at any speed
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn battlewagon
9"IRS

company in penshurst nsw called snake racing who make awesome 4x4 :) gear also make 9" IRS and h/d duty axle assemblies as well as other comm gear
www.snakeracing.com.au

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Even though with a 9" and H/D shafts, there could be a weakness issue with the diff carriage mounting points...i remember reading in a column of street machine a while ago that an SS with a bit of power, slicks etc, actually tore the diff from the floor of the car....wouldve been awesome to see...but thats what traction and torque do for you.....

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
EcotecManiac said:
Even though with a 9" and H/D shafts, there could be a weakness issue with the diff carriage mounting points...i remember reading in a column of street machine a while ago that an SS with a bit of power, slicks etc, actually tore the diff from the floor of the car....wouldve been awesome to see...but thats what traction and torque do for you.....

We ripped one arm of the 4 link off the diff in a LX hatchback with just a worked 253 and a spura 5 speed once, made a mess of the wheel arch and tire!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Cool...um, i guess...would've made a horrible noise I bet..when you say four link, is that the standard coil rear end you are talking about? what diff gears were you running at the time?