Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden fire sale

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Holden died on the 20th of October 2017, GM had finally announced the funeral...

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I was in Wangaratta last week [twice 17/2/2020 & 21/2/2020] and in the main street there "was" a Holden Dealer,

Like I said, "There was a Holden Dealer" as its all closed now.
The only thing still there are the Advertising Lions on the signs.
That's another regional business gone.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Dealers have been putting prices up across the range on carsales over the last few days.
So much for all the song and dance the media kicked up about a "sale" after march 1st.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Dealers have been putting prices up across the range on carsales over the last few days.
So much for all the song and dance the media kicked up about a "sale" after march 1st.

so they can later "discount".....

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sadly these goons are all going to get stuck with many vehicles and honestly the way they've treated their customers I couldn't be happier.

It's about time they got the blunt end of the pineapple and not just their loyal customers that have supported the brand for so many years and had to cop it sweet.

gazpep

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline auto
I’ve just bought a 2020 Equinox LTZ-V for $11k off the list price. I put a deposit on last week but the deal was post dated 1st March to get the factory bonus. This car would have been $49k drive away but I’ll be paying $38k when I take delivery tomorrow.
The dealer said they’ve been swamped with orders across the range and reckons there will be little or no stock left by the June 30 deadline.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I’ve just bought a 2020 Equinox LTZ-V for $11k off the list price. I put a deposit on last week but the deal was post dated 1st March to get the factory bonus. This car would have been $49k drive away but I’ll be paying $38k when I take delivery tomorrow.
The dealer said they’ve been swamped with orders across the range and reckons there will be little or no stock left by the June 30 deadline.
11k off is nothing once you drive out the car lot you just lost about 15k in resale / trade in price.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
11k off is nothing once you drive out the car lot you just lost about 15k in resale / trade in price.

For once only I have to agree with Big T. I wouldn't give those pricks a sniff of my money at all and 11K is absolutely nothing compared to what these things are going to be worth in 12 months time when depreciation of a non supported/ no wanted vehicles kicks in.

I wouldn't believe a word of that salesman's bullshite that they are being swamped. This is a typical sales line used everyday of the week and people just take the bait.