Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HJ Panelvan restore

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
1. welding is easy, just takes practise. i hadnt touched a MIG since high school (20 odd years ago) till i got my impala, now id like to say my MIG skills are almost at advanced, but i was using it everyday, for around 2-3 hours per day for a year and a half. as long as you learn from your mistakes and constantly ask people for advice and FOLLOW THAT ADVICE, you will pick it up in no time.

2. those lights are 8 bucks from bursons.

3. im jealous. i remember the day i rocked my impala home. was really exciting. 3 years later i fkn hate the car and often wanna set a match to it :p

4. PAINT STRIPPER. dont bother trying to clear those panels with sandpaper or wire wheels, paint stripper is the best thing ever!. use it!

5. good luck

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
thanks mate, love these old vans, you can see where all the rust is since its all open space.

trying to get the nose cone off, its taking me and hour and a half to get here, those bolts are rusted on and the screws need to be drilled out, hopefully it will be off by the end of the day.

im trying to get it off to get better access to the engine to get it running or swap it with my other 253 to get the van at the back yard, im not sure if i want to see the rust that in the passengers footwell.
WP_001077.jpg

the amount of rat **** that was in here:spew:, and there is a nice little surprise in the glove box for me, a dead rat
WP_001079.jpg

some of the spares that came with it
WP_001080.jpg

every car i buy comes with a spare alternator, more to add the the collection
WP_001081.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
^just a normal holden v8 one? I got a few..

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
hopefully ill get to 253 started tomorrow, the wiring has been butchered, but thankfully its carbureted, so its easy to wire it up, bloody love carbureted engines, so simple unlike the electronic crap they have now

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
ITS ALIVE!!!

blame youtube for making me look drunk, ill post a better vid tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Check out my GTS-R thread. We found a supercharged ls1 van just rotting away.. I may buy it soon. Theres pics you will love it!