Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed ! Vy sv8 vortech supercharged

Paulczubak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 supercharged
G'day lads !
A little detail about my new car Just picked my self up a vy sv8 supercharged ! It's a car my dad had built over 13years ago and the car has sat in a shed untouched/driven or started for that whole time ! So I ended up getting the car and have recently got it running again ! Still alot to do

I have very little experience with ls1's and superchargers. Was always into my jap cars haha

Now the question I have is now the cars running the bov's the car runs seems to be leaking alot of air. Now I'm unsure if they are bov or if they are air by pass valve the car does have 2 of them and they seem to let a hell of alot of air out I just wanted help identifying the part and if they are suppose to be leaking air as they do, car runs great in the rpms and at idle so yea just curious on why there is two bov and if there suppose to leak like they are ! Thanks lads

Edit: they leak at idle unsure if they do it while driving as it hasn't been driven yet

Attachments

• 20230902_161528.jpg
    20230902_161528.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 69

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Have you driven it yet?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the centri blowers can have a bypass for idle and light load just so its not pressurizing all the time as u need brakes to work properly and use less fuel when just cruising around, it will close when it looses a curtain vacuum

Paulczubak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 supercharged
What was it?
07GTS was on the money, I actually found some old paper work at my old man's, with a dyno sheet so I contacted those guys and they put me onto who actually installed the supercharger and I contacted them !

Paulczubak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 supercharged
Have you driven it yet?
About 30m's haha still got a fair amount of work to do. Didn't wanna go far or fast was more or less making sure everything works. Especially the breaks after sitting for so long

Paulczubak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 supercharged
Needs a good detail, but here's a picture after nearly 13 years of filty built up

Attachments

• 20230903_084624.jpg
    20230903_084624.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 72

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Good luck with it:)
Make sure you check all fluids, hoses and seals etc. Oh and the tyres as the rubber tends to perish after a certain age.