Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Have you ever stopped to give a stranger a tow?

Have you ever stopped to tow a stranger's car?

• Yes

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not yet, but I would.

Votes: 27 31.8%

• Total voters

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Just wondering, following on from the "flash you lights" poll. Has anyone here stopped to tow a stranger's car off the road or to a safe spot.

Mike

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Nope and i probably wouldn't, i usually have my kids in the car by myself and i have to think of their safety if i was to stop to help someone. If my DH is with me we have pulled up to help change tyres and stuff before.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
When i had my 4wd hilux, always stopped to help ppl when broken down in the lanes etc, dont know y sumtimes when dam rude motorist carry on yellin and swearing there heads off casue they blocking the sydney peak hour traffic.

but yeah have done bout 10 / 15x and plenty off stuck 4wders too out on the racks. and some sedans as well for sum reason(think they can 4wd)

have not yet needed to help anyone since back in the commodore.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
My friends & I spend a lot of time on Moana beach. for those that dont know its a "car beach" which means you can drive on it etc..

but lots of people usually not locals ;) get bogged there. (dont know how to drive on sand *shakes head* Now if they look like newbies & they let us help (you would be suprised how many dont! - in which case we just sit there & laugh our arses off at them!) we always help.

Now when I was younger b4 I had a car I still used to go down there heaps (hot cars & hot guys, & ya get a tan what more is there to need? ;) lol ) We used to just dig/push people out.

Then when we all had cars we could help pull people out who were fair stuck.

The 120Y DATTO ruled over all.... you would never believe what stuff it manged to pull out!! we once pulled a XF that was bogged down to the axles straight out! Go Datto power! lmao too funny watching this little datto pull out the ford.

But other than on the beach I have never had the need to help tow anyone.

ah Moana beach - always fun... ;) Word of warning, Tide can come in quicker than u think, If we offer help dont turn it down... You people know who you are.... lol Damn I would have taken so much better care of that VT SS .... damn watse of a nice car... oh well live & learn... :yeah:

D.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
yeap i have, and im moving it to the pub, dont think it should be here

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Garth said:
yeap i have, and im moving it to the pub, dont think it should be here

Sorry 'bout that. Never had an argument about being shifted to a pub.

Mike

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
wish someone would move me to the pub :rofl:

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Im pretty sure its illigal to tow another car with a tow rope now. read thru the QLD road rules book a year or 2 ago and i think its illigal to tow another car like that now

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
vinnywelsh said:
Im pretty sure its illigal to tow another car with a tow rope now. read thru the QLD road rules book a year or 2 ago and i think its illigal to tow another car like that now

Yeah, it is illegal to tow a car with a rope (in Qld anyway). Has been that way for as long as I remember.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah although its illegal to "flat tow" with a rope I see it all the time. :( Tow trucks here arent that exxy really, I remember all the undercutting we did when we owned towtrucks, just to stay in the market we would offer them so cheap.... doesnt make sense to me to risk the fine / cause an accident by flat towing. :hit:

D.