Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hacking my own phone

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
hey guys

The other day the display broke on my HTC One =(. So, before i go into vodafone and try to bs them into giving me a new one (Nah mate, I've never dropped it!) i want to try and get some things off it.

The problem - my screen has a passcode and apparently when your screen has a passcode none of your files on your phone will show up when you plug it into your pc. the phone itself does show up though.

so does anyone know of a way to hack into it from my pc?

anyway, I'll keep trying to unlock it blind but havn't suceeded yet.

Thanks.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Have you tried plugging it into a pc?
You might be able to enter the code via the pc.
I dont understand how you couldnt enter it blind though, after doing it 10, 000 times you should be able to do it with your eyes closed.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
What ssv said. The software suite might allow you to do this as a pretty GUI for debug.

Or just google ADB (Android debug). Once you wrap your head around it or if you're already familiar with Linux, then install the software, it's easy as to push the passcode and then dump the accessible storage to PC. Feel free to PM me if you're stuck.

I'm assuming the capacitive aspect is also dead ssv, hence no finger control.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
you can't unlock the phone from a PC. you'll need to either get the screen replaced or have a data recovery company go over it but that will cost lots of cash.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
you can't unlock the phone from a PC. you'll need to either get the screen replaced or have a data recovery company go over it but that will cost lots of cash.

I'd do it over ADB for a case of piss.

EDIT: One thing though, if Debug wasn't enabled on the phone, you'll need to use Fastboot flash commands.

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

It's not an iPhone. When there's a will there's a way.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Have you tried plugging it into a pc?
You might be able to enter the code via the pc.
I dont understand how you couldnt enter it blind though, after doing it 10, 000 times you should be able to do it with your eyes closed.

yeah i've been trying the monkeys on a typewriter aproach to no avail. i even googled a pic of the lockout screen to try and make sure i was pushing the right bit. either i'm not or the touchscreen doesn't work anymore aswell as the display.

What ssv said. The software suite might allow you to do this as a pretty GUI for debug.

Or just google ADB (Android debug). Once you wrap your head around it or if you're already familiar with Linux, then install the software, it's easy as to push the passcode and then dump the accessible storage to PC. Feel free to PM me if you're stuck.

I'm assuming the capacitive aspect is also dead ssv, hence no finger control.

I'll do it for half. :p

so whats this abd thing guys? my linux knowledge is pretty limited. don't like fedora's, i ain't no hipster lol!

so is it hard to do? i'd take you's up on the offer if you were in my state.