Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Group C VK

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
NZV8 magazine photographer came to town last week and spent 4 hours photographing the car. Cant wait to see the feature soon.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
I have built up a new complete rear diff housing with a tight as, 4 spider LSD centre and finally made time to change it out this week. Drove the car today and gave it some "welly", so much more drive and far more "push" (power understeer). So much better when its pushed into power oversteer in corners tho. Nice!

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Been using the car over the summer.
Done 1000 km's by Xmas so did oil change and adjusted the Roller rockers.
Did a New Years day road trip and the car was fautless and better riding than I expected with the race suspension setup.
We are off to the Musclecar Spectacular in Christchurch later this month so it will be good to see what the spectators there think of it.
I will post up some pic's from the show when we get back.

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Picture of the car from magazine shoot.

This is one of the pictures that were sent to me from the magazine feature shoot recently.

Attachments

• IMG_0226_1.jpg
    IMG_0226_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 6,934

kwakaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina / VZ Calais / GSX750F
nice pic there mate. Your car definaltley inspires me. What did you do to get the wheels to fill the guards so well?

bradj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk,vk,vl
Hi mate, I just got the biggest rims I could fit, purpose designed and built for the car. Not cheap, or easy and took 5 months from when I paid for them, until I finally recieved them. Made one-off by a Japanese race wheel manufacturer.
Good luck mate.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Hi Brad,

I've built a VK Grp C road car as well, I see that you had SS Group C decals made do you still have access to make more?

Cheers Marc