Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Game of Thrones **SPOILER FRIENDLY THREAD**

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Really though? Who cares? It's TV and never going to be identical to the books. It doesn't diminish the TV show. In fact it could make it worse if they introduced yet another thread. People complain that it's too multi-threaded to follow already.

But this is the part of the book where the Stories come together so the multi threaded nature of the series starts to become less branched.

I really care about Stoneheart. A lot of people cant see past the zombie thing, but she is so much more. She is also a big part of Brienne/Jamie/Pods story arc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Yeah true, when you put it that way... Honestly I was overall disappointed with S4.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Really though? Who cares? It's TV and never going to be identical to the books. It doesn't diminish the TV show. In fact it could make it worse if they introduced yet another thread. People complain that it's too multi-threaded to follow already.
Multi-threaded is the style of the series though. I would hate to see the story simplified purely for the simple minded tv folk.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well Book 4 and 5 is where stories start merging.

Team Dragonstone merges with the North and The Wall. The North emcompasses the Karstark betrayl, part of the Ironborn (which looks to be getting the arse), The Boltons and The Freys. So youve got lots of major plots coming together there. You could also tie in the Riverlands here as well as thats a very small story with Edmure, Blackfish and Jamie.

Riverlands could also be tied to Brienne/Pod/Jamie/Lady Stoneheart. Again, not a HUGE story timewise.

...and then we have Dany, Jorah, Tyrion, Varys and HOPEFULLY, Aegon (and part of the Ironborn if we get Victarion).

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Lady Stoneheart has been cut.

I am going to flip a ####ing table.

The last straw will be Victarion.

Are you fudging kidding me.....that's bull **** :ranting:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Im sorry but lady stoneheart is not a big character nor has an important role. Catlyn stark was perhaps the most annoying unlikable character in the books. I for one could not give a #### that she's not coming back

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Im sorry but lady stoneheart is not a big character nor has an important role. Catlyn stark was perhaps the most annoying unlikable character in the books. I for one could not give a #### that she's not coming back

I disliked her as well, honestly thought she was an idiot...but. A lot of people really overlook the importance of Stoneheart. I wrote a very long post on the ASOIAF forums a few weeks ago about her.

The running theme of the book is every action has a consequence. Good or bad, you will pay for your actions. Whether you are dumb and make a mistake, you are to trusting, to kind, to stupid. You will pay.

Guest Right is a MASSIVE deal in the books. Its up there with Kinslaying.

LSH plays the part of punishment. Think back to The Rat Cook, an action needs its reaction. LSH serves as the hand of the God in this instance handing out justice/revenge on everyone who broke Guest Right.

Second, she plays an important part in the Oathkeeper storyline, again, every action has its reaction and Jamies entire story is building up to him finally keeping his Oath, the one he broke to Cat. Brienne and Jamie's story is intertwined with her and the breaking of Oathes has been taken to lightly by charachters in the story.

The Tully words, Family, Duty Honor. Family. Even death cannot keep Cat Stark from protecting her family.

The North Remembers. She is the source of some good old fashioned killing.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Good read if anyones interested: cinematic corner.: About Lady Stoneheart and why excluding her from Game of Thrones would be the biggest mistake on the show yet.

For an against for Stoneheart.

tumblr_n7s9dtxo2D1qbk7lno1_500.png

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I think some overvalue her role. In the end LSH is just a minor character and side plot she s does nothing important in the grand scheme of things.
Where brianne fits into this is kind of wierd she really get s a bit of book time but all she really does is tie up loose ends. I think LSH jamie and brianne plot will end with jamie dead and that the end of it. Can do that with just brianne in the show.

No ones know where the jamie brianne subplot is heading so saying its of importance is pure speculation.