Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust

R

Robbie

H iGuys,

This is probably a bit of a dumb question but hey.. what the hell.

I am noticing a lot of ppl selling their HSV exhausts... i know the general rule is second hand stuff may be dented and the likes and therefore not be as good as it should be but I am wondering can I put a v8, HSV, Monaro, GenIII etc exhaust on my V6 stock?? Some of these exhausts are $100 and I am happuy to spend another $100 or so making it work if it is possible....

Any ifo would be great.

Cheers

Robbie

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all Robbie.....

It's been discussed here so I won't add my 2c as I agree with what was said......

http://forums.justcommodores.com//index.ph...p?showtopic=572

Cheers

Jake

R

Robbie

Thanks Jake...

The woprst thing is I had read that thread

So if it is Cat back i need to change the pipes from the headers to the cats to have 2 cats?

What sort of money is that worth?

Cheers,

Robbie

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but without doing it all yourself an exhaust shop would want close to $200. You have to remember they've never been fans of fitting parts you didn't actually purchase from them and in turn charge like wounded bulls in order to make a profit margin.

I don't know what state your in but I can get a reasonable 2.5" Mandrel Bent exhaust and Lukey straight through muffler for $220 from my local Midas. I think that's a little cheap because I've had about 10 exhausts done by them over the years. So I'd say around $250-$300 as to not lead you in the wrong direction.

The extra money for the new exhaust is probably worth saving for, not to mention your car breathing and sounding a little better too.

Only my 2c though..see what others have to add.

Cheers

Jake.