Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust

Mattyb95

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais 3.8 ecotec
Hey guys I've got a vx calais 3.8 ecotec, looking for advice on best way to modify my exhaust system, wanting a nicer louder sound. It's 2.5" had the catalytic converter removed, middle and rear mufflers have been changed to round mufflers from something else brought car like that. Bit more noise when idling it sound not bad when flooring it but abit tiny. Any advice will help cheers.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
My advice is that unless you want to be on a first name basis with the Highway Patrol that you don't make it any louder than it no doubt already is.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I hate to be a buzzkill, but you obviously performed zero research on exhausts before you made these decisions, or you'd have not made them. What you've done to your exhaust reminds me of those people who get drunk at parties and agree to let their mate Dylan try out the tattoo kit they bought off ebay for $60 - the idea was probably put in your head by someone else first, you got started on it without thinking it through and now you're stuck with NO REGERTS unevenly positioned on your chest. Because what you are stuck with now is a rolling canary disguised only by how well you drive it and by how close to standard issue quiet you keep it. Because one look under your car is going to invoke the Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2021 and the Environmental Protection Act, either of which will get a big yellow sticker installed on your windscreen and see you catching the bus to Dylan's place for however long it takes you to make enough money to replace your current exhaust, because not having a catalytic converter installed is terribly illegal all by itself and I've no doubt it's not the only infraction present on your car.
Replace the exhaust, get a sh1tty tattoo instead and find a less expensive way of p1ssing off your neightbours.