Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust Flow

T

thomasr

(This is a vp commodore I'm talking about)

Hi guys I have got a straight through muffler going into a hot dog do you think I would be loosing any power I have been told that a hot dog is a straight through muffler and that I will not be loosing power and some people say it would loose a little bit so i'm confused, So can you guys help me out with this one thanks thomasr.

Also if I get a set of pacemaker extractors will this add some kw to my car if so how many will it add. Also will extractors go good with the straight through muffler and Hotdog. (I have A vp commodore)

Sully72

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hey Thomasr , I put a 2 1/2 redback system on mine, VS ecotec engine , but hav'nt done my manifolds or cat-converters yet, from what I can work out if i put 2 1/2 pacemaker headers on and two high flow cat-converters (1 for each pipe) it should give it a bit more get up and go . Let u no how I get on. hope this helps

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
thomasr no offence but i got a mate like you, asks the dumbest questions over and over again. in the form of loosing power your talkin about back pressure, with a cat and a muffler and a dog theres no way ur going to be loosing back pressure. yes extractors will make more hp, there a preformance upgrade, if u go into an exhaust shop they will even show u dyno figures to prove it.
sorry but ive mentioned all these kinda things to ya ova and ova again

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
extractors do make extra power but its peaks higher on the rev ranges. Ive fitted pacemakers, hiflow cat and 2.5' sports exhaust. The throttle respose is a bit better on the higher revs. I recommend to go and shop around for your system as they would point you to the right direction.

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
slow vac the high rev range power will actually be happening on your car because u have a bigger exhaust, 2.5' will actually increase the power of your car over a higher rev range where as a 2 1/4 inch will increase your power over a lower rav range.