Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust advice

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Hi all, I am going to be getting my 2011 SV6 cammed, heavy duty valve springs and intake manifold ported in the near future.

I already have an otr, high flow cats and today put some SS mufflers on it.

The SV6 already come with a twin exhaust system from the factory. Would the factory system with my high flow cats and ss mufflers have sufficient flow already or is it really necessary to get a higher flowing catback as well for a cammed V6?

The main thing that puts me off getting the catback is the sound they make. I am not after a loud obnoxious bag of farts, would prefer to keep the sound on the side of normal.

Curious to know what people think, cheers.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
To get the most power gains, you could throw a supercharger on it though it will cost around $10k (At that point, you might as well buy a V8)

As for the exhaust, you really can't make these engines sound really good...

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
To get the most power gains, you could throw a supercharger on it though it will cost around $10k (At that point, you might as well buy a V8)

As for the exhaust, you really can't make these engines sound really good...
Wasn't really after trying to make it sound good, just better flow but still quiet.

It would cost me a lot more if I went down the V8 route as I would go a VF but they are all at least 40k, no point updating to the same model car but with a bigger engine. My V8 days are behind me, happy with V6, they go harder than the old V8s I had from the 70s and 80s.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It would cost me a lot more if I went down the V8 route as I would go a VF but they are all at least 40k, no point updating to the same model car but with a bigger engine. My V8 days are behind me, happy with V6, they go harder than the old V8s I had from the 70s and 80s.
Fair enough...