Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine Knock :(

M

motorozer

Hey guys this is my first post here .. so etc etc ..

I have a VY S V6 (series 1) and the engine has developed a loud KNOCK and TICK when cold. Has anyone else seen this? .. i know its pretty common in the V8 but V6 doesnt seem to be such a common problem. Which brings me to the question does the V6 have the same brand (not type) of Gudgeon ? The car is going back to holden next week for a "possible rebuild" or "new engine" .. Like the car is 12 months old so i dont get it.

When you drive the car cold you can feel the knock through the steering wheel , and that shite aint right !!

If anyone can shed some light on possible history of this sorta problem it would make be sleep a little better

Cheers in advance

Moto

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
The V6's should be pretty bulletproof.. Hard to understand but don't let those Shonky bastards down at Holden get the better of ya. Show em' who's boss. Engines and Transmissions will cost you a bundle down the track unless you get on top of it early. I thought it would have been the v8's with the priblems. I myself got a v8 wagon but don't realy see any problems with it so far. Fingers X'ed..

M

motorozer

I had the car back at Holden to look at the knock and tick and they found that #2 piston was cracked !!! They got a new short motor installed under warranty and now all is well ..

Cheers

P

paradox1

i'ed be lookin at the steering and everything before ya goin gettin a rebuild cause if ya can feel it through the steering wheel thats a pretty serious knock. I just cant think how an engine knock can be felt like that. my advice...check ya steeing. VY have a very poor steering system