Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[308] efi v8 turbo

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
easyer said then done, rods should really have the big ends resized when ARP bolts fitted, plus if he aint goin to rev the motor heaps the standard bolts will be fine (A9Ls have a decent size rod bolt from factory)

should really put some MLS head gaskets on it and ARP head studs 1st

LoL, Nothing like doing the job propperly hey :D

sam5l

australias driving future
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5L / vn spak buick powered
hmm but i have seen some people get those vortec kits for like 2-3k so ill have a look first see what i can come up with and then see what i end up with the ls1 conversion what does it involve?

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many Comodores in the driveway
Righto I run a turbo 308 (early red motor), I'm running a Scat 355 crank, Scat H beam Holden rods, Forged ACL 9.5 pistons, molly rings, ARP head & bottom end studs, Pavtec girdel, COME CSBH3886 hyd cam, VN oil pump, doulble row timing chain, Felpro Stainless steel O-ring 1076 (.048”) head gaskets, B-Cast heads ported by HiPort in Melb, LT1 dual springs, 1.6:1 Rollers, hardened push rods, port matched Performer manifold (centre divider ground out),HEI dizzy made into a trigger system, MSD 6AL box with boost retard & rev limiter, straight LPG running twin convertors, twin 10mm I/D flexy lines, twin lock off valves drilled out to 12mm I/D & twin 425 mixers with the restrictors removed on a twin manifold adaptor.
I made up the Turbo exhaust using Genie block hugger extractors, the right side is standard and I cut up the left side, flipping the runners to go straight up beside the head, I am using a T04Z based turbo that has .70 cold side & 86 hot side and are using a 50mm external wastegate and have made a 3 1/2” exhaust from the dump.
It's a daily driver/work car (4wd) and has been reliable as for the last 2 years, on 10lbs I have a lazy 300rwkw :surprise:
012-8.jpg

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh im looking for something similar tough sounding,reliable and economical well enough any other ppl got anything thanks mate

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
also mate wat was that worth to do and are the pistons 9:5:1?

HGsurf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many Comodores in the driveway
Yep motor is a high comp 9.5 (for turbo that is) and with this set up there is no lag just a massive push from 1000rpm on :smoking:.
As for cost, I built the whole kit for $1600 plus the turbo & wastegate so all up I spent around $7000 to get it going well (this included the LPG mixers & converters,boost hat, intercooler etc) and depending on what turbo you decide on you could build it alot cheaper.

Cheers

sam5l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ahh yeh well ive got everything to go efi so abit of the cost is cut there with the manifold and all that um also wat size injectors would i run coz i got some 36lb but dunno if theyd be big enough also wat turbo could i use maybe from another car i was told to use a 35/40 but im guessing id have to buy one brand new alot of money there that i dont have

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
ahh yeh well ive got everything to go efi so abit of the cost is cut there with the manifold and all that um also wat size injectors would i run coz i got some 36lb but dunno if theyd be big enough also wat turbo could i use maybe from another car i was told to use a 35/40 but im guessing id have to buy one brand new alot of money there that i dont have

2nd hand low km XR6Turbo turbo is your friend mate.$1000 if you look around.Failing that look at Borgwarner turbos S400.