Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Driving Lights

C

commodore_vy

I just bought at a bargain price a set of driving lights and and light bar to mount then on(the one you replace the number plate with).

I am wondering if the metal bar behind the number plate can be drilled into, because the plastic will vibrate and be kinda dodge at night.

Any help would be good, the metal "beam" is there on the vy and vx.

Thanx in advance

C

commodore_vy

Ive fitted the lights and they work really well.

If any one wants some advice on how its done PM me

:w00t:

tbrice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
commodore_vy said:
Ive fitted the lights and they work really well.

If any one wants some advice on how its done PM me

:w00t:

Hi Thread. I'm looking at installing driving lights on my VYSV8 without having to change the bumper. Can you give me some info on the above including where to buy them and approx. cost. Regards, Trevor.

C

commodore_vy

i spent a total of about $240

I bought some narva lights 100w square ones

An extra long drill bit

Some aluminium tube

And a bar. like the cops have

The hardest part is getting the bar inplace
I firstly mounted i directly onto the bumper, but it had too much flex in it and the lights were bouncing all over the place, so i said "im sick of this", and drilled a hole through the plastic into the metal beam behind and used the aluminium tube as spacers, to hold the bar away from the bunber and stop and annoying movement.... Then it was a simple process of wiring up the lights, all up it took me 4hr from start to finish (approx)

If you want a good look at what i have done i can either post some pics, if i can get the stupid digital camera to work, or if you are in sydney i could maybe show you first hand....