Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door locking question...

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Hi all. I was just having a chinwag with a friend who was in NZ for a holiday when some hoon tried to carjack his rental at a set of lights. He managed to get away (thank God!) but it was a nasty experience for him.
I used to own a TJ Magna and with that car when you unlocked the doors with the remote only the driver's door unlocked with the first push of the remote. It was meant to be an anti-carjacking feature. Does the VF have this option buried somewhere in the car's settings?

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
yeah 100% it does, thats how mine is setup.

you can also set it to autolock, though sadly not as nice as how it operated in the VE.
The VE didnt lock until > 20km/h or something, so i could move the car out of the driveway and not have to unlock the doors again.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
something like... remote unlock > drivers door | all doors

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Every now & again a thread comes up on JC where someone's asking a question about whether you can make a VF do something-or-other ... and your car is set that way, and you never even considered that it was possible for it to operate any different way.

:)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
IIRC, the early Commodores can have the locking configured many different ways but I think it was something that had to be done with the tech2? The VF has the configuration in the MyLink system so the owner can set it up how they like themselves.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
IIRC, the early Commodores can have the locking configured many different ways but I think it was something that had to be done with the tech2? The VF has the configuration in the MyLink system so the owner can set it up how they like themselves.

The aftermarket alarm in my VK locked the doors on closing.

I thought it was great, until I left the keys in the car and closed the door.