Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gears - where are you?

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Hey people, I have been looking everywhere for 3.9 diff gears and I can't find any for my VR IRS, I believe they are all the same from VN - VS.
I am in the South Island NZ and I will pay freight as I am coming up with nothing here.

cheers

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
No **** took me 8 seconds on eBay to find...

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Did u bother to ask?

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Did u bother to ask?

But that would take longer than 8 seconds... j/k aside TBH if I decide to get it from Oz I will wait til I go over there probably next year as this years trip has been cancelled then i can bring them back as luggage.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Are you getting just diff gears or the complete diff head? I could understand bringing gears back on the plane, but the whole thing?? hmmm.
I couldn't find anything useful on ebay, do you have a link of what you found?? I think I'm off to Sydney in April and June this year, mite have to get me some gears on one of those trips.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Just ring a diff re conditioner, probaly best bet would be Auckland. They should have good contacts to order them through.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Are you getting just diff gears or the complete diff head? I could understand bringing gears back on the plane, but the whole thing?? hmmm.
I couldn't find anything useful on ebay, do you have a link of what you found?? I think I'm off to Sydney in April and June this year, mite have to get me some gears on one of those trips.
BORG WARNER 3.89 3.9 DIFF GEARS VL VN VP VR VS COMMODORE | eBay

I reckon I might make a few inquiries in Auckland and will give a mate a call who uses this diff in a race car as well.
I was really asking here in case someone in NZ had something lying around, and yea Duece I refer to the gears only in my case ;)

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
well i bet you are glad you asked that question all response all so helpful . ffs cant help the man dont fill ya have to answer . try the wreckers bro pintaras have 3.9s same as your after good luck mate

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
try searching for r31 skyline crown and pinion (manual 3.7:1 and auto 3.9:1), they use the borg warner center as well, but 99% of skylines were set incorrectly at the factory so finding a second hand set that isn't worn badly and doesn't whine is a pretty hard thing to do (unless it did make it back to the factory for the recall), pintara's were 4.11:1 iirc, it's fairly common to find a vl of that era to have 400,000 - 500,000 km's on the clock so most nissans will be similar mileage...

there were a heap of different car manufacturers that used this center, ford, holden, mitsubishi, nissan and more, google "borg warner m78" as you may find another easily accessible model to get something close to the ratio you're after.

Last edited: