Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Customization

Aidan22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VXR ZB auto awd my18
Hey everyone,

I recently got my hands on a Holden VXR, and while I love its performance and style, I'm not a big fan of the chrome trim. I'm looking to give it a more aggressive and stealthy look by blacking out the chrome elements at the front grill, around the windows, and even the exhaust tips. I've been searching for options, but I'm not sure about the best approach to achieve this properly.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Front Grill: I want to completely black out the chrome elements on the front grill. Should I look for a blackout kit or overlays specifically designed for the Holden VXR grill, or are there other methods I should consider?
  2. Window Trim: The chrome trim around the windows is another area I want to address. Are there aftermarket inserts or blackout kits available for this purpose? Any recommendations on brands or products that have worked well for fellow Holden owners?
  3. Exhaust Tips: Lastly, I'm interested in replacing the chrome exhaust tips with black ones to complete the look. Are there direct-fit replacement options available, or would I need to consider modifications to the exhaust system?
I'm open to any suggestions or advice from those who have tackled similar modifications on their Holden VXR or other vehicles. If you've successfully blacked out the chrome trim on your car, I'd love to hear about your experience and any tips you can share.

Thanks in advance for your help!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
they did sell a "black" variant of the zb with some of the chrome trim replaced with black.

you could try and find one in a wrecker and scavenge the parts or try and find a holden parts dealer and order them new, they will have specific part numbers so thats where a parts dealer will come in handy because they should be able to search for them.

the other option is wrap or paint, i wrapped mine.

i dont think there is a aftermarket blackout kit for the zb as it was not popular enough to justify the manufacture of it.