Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cherry black paint

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The real only way as others above have said, you need to see it in all its light in the flesh.

A car show or meet is your best bet.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It’s just multiple photos of the same cars why I came here to try find photos I’ve not seen. Some photos the paint looks great others **** I don’t really wanna buy paint an thinks it’s **** once it’s on the car cause google didn’t give me overly great photos.

Like many other paints, it is all about the lighting.

The colour changes from one angle to the next, depending on the light source.

Mine goes from green, to blue to even purple depending on angle and light source.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Lighting but also the camera and how the image is manipulated.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It does seriously need a good cut and polish.

Sam Barnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx s pac

Mine goes from green, to blue to even purple depending on angle and light source.

If that’s ur car thats a fat colour

if that’s ur car u got a fat colour on it. Just want a black with red in it. Got turned of flake because its sometimes to much flake an doesn’t look good. Then this HAMR cherry black I was keen on cause it looked like exactly what I wanted but no idea on if it’s just a mix of paints or a pearl. I’ve been put of pearl just because I’ve told to many story’s about pearl being really hard to do repair work on. Really just turns out picking a colour for a car isn’t the easiest

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes, that is my car.....factory colour.

Indeed.....picking a colour for a respray is a big deal.

Getting it wrong is expensive.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Phantom looks **** hot, if your looking for a black. Practicality though, is best on a weekend show car as even the slightest scratch from anything shows up bad.... Keeping it looking good long-term is a nightmare at best.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Any metallic Perl, Flake or Candy paint can be a nightmare on a daily driver.

Any dings, dints and scratches you get from idiots in car shopping centre parks can mean you need some repainting. Get a love tap from some idiot and the problem then becomes one of matching the original paint technique so as to match the original paint look.

In the past this could be a royal PITA to achieve. Such also meant more than the damaged area should be paint (as compared to simpler solid colour repairs) and insurance companies could be difficult in some cases as their focus was to reduce repair costs, not get the perfect paint job…

Maybe things have changed with paint techniques and/or insurance companies. Heck back in 2010?, one insurance company wanted more $$ to insure a Ford Focus XR5 with the special orange paint job as they said it was a PITA to get correct during any repair :eek:

Such speciality paints are really nice to look at but day to day living with them can make you nervous where you park… Me, in my younger days I liked to park my shitbox near really nice cars that the owner parked well away from other cars and the shopping centre entrances, just to mess with them… They used to hate it… I’ve since grown up :p:p:p