Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap compressor for rare use

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might grab one when they have the 20% off sale next. I've seen similar ones to this at SCA and it's normally a package deal that try to spruke as being some kind of bargain.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I’d still go belt drive.
And what have two belt drive compressors? I would have had two had I kept my old unit instead of selling it for 200 or 250 bucks after getting the brand new one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wish I did keep it, the 3hp rarely seem to come up for sale SH, and if they do they seem to go for a lot more than I sold my old one for. Certainly seem to ask a lot more than 250 bucks and they go quick. I was inundated with calls about my old 3hp 50L unit and it was only a 220cfm FAD.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I just can’t stand being around a direct drive compressor. They’re incredibly noisy compared to a belt drive unit. I’d go second hand belt before new direct drive.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fair enough they are noisy but for once or twice a year use I will probably go DD. Around here SH comps hardly come up for sale. New is much easier to get. I'm in no rush so i will continue to see what pops up on the SH market..

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I actually have to really consider whether it's even worth getting a second comp. My tank blaster is in need of new ball cocks and might be cheaper to just replace the entire unit. Then the tips they wear out and are not cheap.
I have to sum it all up and whether I just pay to have my parts cleaned up, from now on. 500 bucks worth of gear and sand would be a reasonable amount of sandblasting in a shop.

It's kinda fun except for the grit in your hair and clothing lol .....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I actually have to really consider whether it's even worth getting a second comp. My tank blaster is in need of new ball cocks and might be cheaper to just replace the entire unit. Then the tips they wear out and are not cheap.
I have to sum it all up and whether I just pay to have my parts cleaned up, from now on. 500 bucks worth of gear and sand would be a reasonable amount of sandblasting in a shop.

It's kinda fun except for the grit in your hair and clothing lol .....

Make a vapour blaster. There's DIY videos on the net on how to make one for under 500.