Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car just died !!!

Roachy2012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 1 1998 wagon
I was driving home from an evening out with the family when my vt series1 Auto wagon just died/stalled on the freeway doing 100kms p/h. my mate gave me a hand to tow it home and have a look. Since he had similar probs with his own holden we replaced the crank angle sensor and dfi module... We had plenty of spark and fuel was getting to the plugs but it wasnt starting, I was wonder if maybe the EMS has had the sword and needs replacing or if anyone else has had similar probs or can help me out on WTF is wrong...
cheers steve

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you need to be a bit clearer in your description
is it cranking over
how have you determined you have fuel
do you have spark on all plugs
ps not a fan of wtf

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
My VX Acclaim sedan did the same but luckily we were only 500 meters from home and after having it trucked to our local Holden place it was simple fix which was one of the coils so I have them all replaced.
I also replaced the sensors with new units but that wasnt the problem.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
See if it spits out any error codes. These codes, if any are set, might point you to whats wrong if its got anything to do with any of the the engine management components etc. Theres a post on here somewhere on how to check VT error codes, its heaps easy to do this check, just do a search for it and follow the instructions in the post..

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
Check corrosion at the inline fuse and battery terminal.
Mine was bad and you would have power to radio and ignition etc but trying to start it and there would be no response.
Holdens also hate it if the alternator isn't connecting properly as said on another thread about loose nut to the alternator.
The corrosion thing can be easily fixed and cleaned. Just use some boiling water with bicarb or epsom salts and it cleans it up a treat.
Obviouly after cleaning and drying make sure to cout the terminals with something to stop it corroding again. I use lithium grease in the spray can.