Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Brake issues.

Blur

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Holden commodore wagon
Got a 2015 Holden commodore vf evoke. Put new brake pads and rotors in as they were getting low. Driving around town the brakes started with a light squeak. Was getting really annoying so jacked it up and found the left front brakes were grabbing and not releasing. Pulled the calliper off and found one piston was very difficult to push back in. Other not bad at all. Decided to put a seal kit in. Was difficult to get that one piston out. Checked for wear marks high points etc on pistons and bore gave a light sand with 500g paper anyway.
Put all back together gave the brakes a bleed with the sucker bottle and made the problem worse. Any suggestions or anyone had a similar problem. Only done 117xxxkms

Blur

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a 2015 Holden commodore vf evoke. Put new brake pads and rotors in as they were getting low. Driving around town the brakes started with a light squeak. Was getting really annoying so jacked it up and found the left front brakes were grabbing and not releasing. Pulled the calliper off and found one piston was very difficult to push back in. Other not bad at all. Decided to put a seal kit in. Was difficult to get that one piston out. Checked for wear marks high points etc on pistons and bore gave a light sand with 500g paper anyway.
Put all back together gave the brakes a bleed with the sucker bottle and made the problem worse. Any suggestions or anyone had a similar problem. Only done 117xxxkms
Slides are moving mint too.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you got the pads in the right way theres a inner and outer some do have the words written on them or pins on the back 2 in the middle inner and 2 spaced apart outer

Blur

Reaction score
Members Ride
you got the pads in the right way theres a inner and outer some do have the words written on them or pins on the back 2 in the middle inner and 2 spaced apart outer
There’s three pins on all of them

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Interesting the Bendix front pads for a VE-VF have four raised bumps on the inner and 2 on the outer and that is because I have a brand new set sitting right here in front of me and they going in on Wednesday.

However the old set from my sons car and no idea of brand has 2 raised bumps on all 4 pads

Attachments

• front-bendix-brake-pads-and-disc-rotors-set-for-holden-commodore-ve-vf-v6-06-17-kit-969.jpg
    front-bendix-brake-pads-and-disc-rotors-set-for-holden-commodore-ve-vf-v6-06-17-kit-969.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 43

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
here is a pic of the ve/vf rda pads i use and you can clearly see the 2 pins of the inner that fits in between the pistons i fitted ve brakes to my vs ute over for 10 year now
1UdWafJ.jpg

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
pic of the outer with the pins in the arches of the caliper
ZG6w7Ep.jpg

Reactions: Lex

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
and these pads are the first one i had that has a wear marker to let you know when the pads need changing when it hits the rotor and make a noise

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
If you look at the diagram I uploaded anyone can work out what is inner and what is outer without looking at bumps as like I said my sons old ones had 2 on each one exactly where yours are.
However using the diagram and having the pads in front of you it is quite clear what is what without counting bumps.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
If you look at the diagram I uploaded anyone can work out what is inner and what is outer without looking at bumps as like I said my sons old ones had 2 on each one exactly where yours are.
However using the diagram and having the pads in front of you it is quite clear what is what without counting bumps.
there lot of threads on here people making the same mistake fitting ve/vf pads