Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best home theatre ~$1000-$1500

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Iv got the sony 7.2 surround system, and for movies it's awesome, and for bang for buck I carnt fault it, music sounds great and is fearly loud, I don't really blast it iv got different stereo for that

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Is there something wrong with your speakers? Why not just replace the AVR?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Is there something wrong with your speakers? Why not just replace the AVR?

Thanks for the voice of reason, it is pretty much all a mess now, been holding off for years... like a decade... had decent PCM non-hdmi receiver pushing 5.1 through Jamo bookshelf a but one has blown main driver, and LFE + surround is legacy Pioneer - use its amp just for (weak) sub and micro plastic speakers for surround.
Keen to start anew rather than resurrect Jamos.
Maybe recycle working Jamo for centre.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Iv got the sony 7.2 surround system, and for movies it's awesome, and for bang for buck I carnt fault it, music sounds great and is fearly loud, I don't really blast it iv got different stereo for that

Thanks what is the model number?

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
This is what I have

Don't know why it says $1500, I got myn for $1100 or so ,might of even been $1000

yve6ejym.jpg

I think the system has been changed and now looks like this

ypymy3a9.jpg

For under $1200 I don't think u will find better, some may say to get a Yamaha or what ever, but getting Yamaha or pioneer u won't even come close to getting something like this

iv had heaps of entertainment set ups and this sony stereo really is awesome for the price and I would buy one again tomorrow if I needed a new one

My brother in law has $4000 Yamaha 5.1 set up and said this sounds better when watching movies with the surround sound

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I've got a Muteki system as well but it's the 7.4 model. It's definitely loud but I hate how bulky it is. I wish the surround speakers weren't the same design as it would make setup easier. The system is okay for movies but more suited to music I reckon.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Agree with above posts.

Bang for buck, is a good deal

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I have the Marantz , and KEF set up , cost a bit more but well worth the extra mullah

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I've got the 7.2 muteki also... It's loud, clear and really good sound (in my opinion), but probably lacking some of the features in the receiver compared to the Harmon kardon. It's just a bare bones kind of receiver. And yeah, can be found for well under $1000 now