Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ben's 2004 Holden VYII Calais L67

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Looks clean as. Very interesting colour.

Thanks mate, it is a nice colour, wasn't sure about it when I first got it but ended up really liking it.

what did the sunroof set you back? Also, do you think it was worth it?

Sunroof cost $2250, they came out to my house to install it, took them half a day. Was the same people who used to fit them to the brand new Holdens and HSV. To me it was worth it, because I have always wanted a sunroof but every car I got never had one and I could never afford to get one fitted or wasn't sure about how long I would have the car for. I plan on keeping this Calais for a long time so decided to have one fitted seeing as it didn't have one already. I use it nearly every time I take the car out and always leave it tilted up while parked at work on a nice day, also allows the heat not to build up so much in the car when parked. So I love it, and definitely glad I got it!

Dude, so mint. Looks great. Love the colour.

Thanks man :)

Nice ride.

Sorry, havent checked all the posts, but you looking at changing wheels?

I am trying to decide on wheels, was thinking of either 20" HSVi Supersports or 19" VE SSVs. I think I would like to go with the Supersports but am having trouble finding them, they seem to be hard to get, especially around the Gold Coast, Brisbane area. I am happy with the standard wheels for now and also considering the tyres are almost new from the previous owner, but definitely something I will end up changing. Also was thinking maybe 20" G.Max Heritages, I had some on my WH Statesman and loved them, but just need to think about it and what I really want.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Nice and clean dude, love the colour! Looks like Shanghai red, always a colour i've sought after.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Looking at your sunroof pics suddenly makes me want a black roof lining and black pillars.....

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Nice and clean dude, love the colour! Looks like Shanghai red, always a colour i've sought after.

Not sure what the colour is called, wasn't sure about it when I first looked at the car but it's going on me now and I like it :)

Looking at your sunroof pics suddenly makes me want a black roof lining and black pillars.....

Yeah I like the black roof lining, got cream colour roof lining in the VE and I like the look of the black better.

In other news, I have ordered some performance mods, a brand new Yella Terra snout with 82mm Pulley and brand new Yella Terra Power Pipe Intake. Should have them fitted by the end of the year (hopefully within 2 weeks).