Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Mac Techie

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Guys,

We just got the new macbook airs in at work, can check them out here - Apple - MacBook Air - The next generation of MacBooks.
The Specs may seem to look like a disappointment, Like only a 1.4Ghz C2D with the 11" MBA, As it has the flash drive, its bloody quick, It takes about 15 seconds to boot, much quicker then any macbook pro that has a standard 7200 2.5" drive. Its so nice and light to carry around, and green screen rez, almost the same as the old 15" Macbook pros, small screen but can still fit alot on the screen. for the price i like it.

The cons though, Has no backlit keyboard, so on a plane with the lights out, your going to have troubles seeing the KB, The microphone is on the side, so if you carrying it around and talking to some one, not going to hear you as your hand covers it. Also does not have a light sensor so the screen brightness does not self adjust to light.
Besides those minor things, its a great quick little machine, iv tried the small PCs in the same market and they are just dog **** slow.
and dont say oh it does not have a optical drive, i cant even remember the last time i used my drive on my macbookpro, its a almost dead technology to a lot of people, its all blueray FTW lol

Anyway thats my little report on it. any questions just ask

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Generally in most cases if the screen is just white its the Controller board in the iPhone. As the backlights in the screen still work, But the COntroller board is no longer providing video to the screen. We have never had a screen fail to just white its always been the board in the phone.

Hey just got my phone repaired - ended up being the LCD which I got replaced for $100.

Appreciate your info

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Ok I got a question... Might not be to relevant to your work, but its worth asking.

The motherboard in my HP laptop fried, which was soon replaced with another laptop. The problem is that I lost all of my music amongst other things.

The thing is Ive got all the music still on my iphone. Is their any way I can transfer the music out of my iphone into my new laptop? Because itunes just wants to sync with my new laptops playlists and wipe of the old stuff.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ok I got a question... Might not be to relevant to your work, but its worth asking.

The motherboard in my HP laptop fried, which was soon replaced with another laptop. The problem is that I lost all of my music amongst other things.

The thing is Ive got all the music still on my iphone. Is their any way I can transfer the music out of my iphone into my new laptop? Because itunes just wants to sync with my new laptops playlists and wipe of the old stuff.

Did you have all the music on your fried Laptop? If so you can remove the hard drive from the fried Laptop, and put it into a external 2.5" case and recover your music that way.
Or you can try a app like this to run and recover your music from your iPone, Its hard to remove the music from a Iphone/iPod due to copy right protection. Pod to PC - iPod, iPad, iPhone Transfer to iTunes Software

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey just got my phone repaired - ended up being the LCD which I got replaced for $100.

Appreciate your info

Good to hear its back in life mate, No worries :)
Glad to see someone appreciates the info unlike the people at work sometimes lol

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I Got a Question

We handle alot of IT disposal from various government and private sectors. We have acquired some mac (which we do not have alot of experience dealing with)

What i want to know is how much do you think they are worth. We have one 2 two models

Imac 20" (silver aluminium) C2D 2.0/1/250 Mac OSX 10.6
Macbook 13" C2D 2.13/1/120 Mac OSX 106

Some of the Macbook 13" are 2.4/2/160 how much more do you reckon they are worth?

This are all 100% refurbished and reloaded with OSX 10.6 like factory

How much do you reckon there worth?