Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the IT Network Engineer

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
How do I open the icon to see the pics?

IldILrp.png

LNoLTv4.png
That image represents a "broken link". The original picture has been removed and the link no longer works.

Might have to have a hunt around for the image link. I assume they were hosted externally, but it they were hosted on Just Commodores, it might be worth a reach out to the admins for support

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I've got a question for you. VPN's, I have set up a laptop with Windows 10 as a wireless router running a VPN, it keeps dropping the shared connection. It's plugged into the NBN modem with a cable, I have the shared connection set up through Windows mobile hotspot and then I connect to that with wireless. It will work for a few hours then I will lose internet, go in to the settings on the laptop and the connection is no longer shared. I have to share it again. Is there a better way? (Apart from a new modem that can run the VPN?)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I've got a question for you. VPN's, I have set up a laptop with Windows 10 as a wireless router running a VPN, it keeps dropping the shared connection. It's plugged into the NBN modem with a cable, I have the shared connection set up through Windows mobile hotspot and then I connect to that with wireless. It will work for a few hours then I will lose internet, go in to the settings on the laptop and the connection is no longer shared. I have to share it again. Is there a better way? (Apart from a new modem that can run the VPN?)

Have you got sleep, hybrid sleep and hibernation turned off?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Express VPN, power setting is never sleep. I'll have to check the wireless power setting tonight.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Express VPN, power setting is never sleep. I'll have to check the wireless power setting tonight.

Do you have it powered or on battery? Honestly express vpn is probably the best service available. Running it via Windows sharing vs on router is almost doing yourself a disservice

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's powered.

I'm not having much luck using Windows sharing. Going to have to find a router that is VPN compatible. The Optus modem/router isn't. Unless there is a way to get in and edit the settings without a reflash.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
VDLS. We're in the dark ages...