Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know about chest pain?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Losec or omeprazole?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nexium which i think the second one

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Possibly, I believe omeprazole is it's generic name and the others are just brand names. I take the same **** and I don't think it should cause your chest symptoms.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Called GP Assist and they said it sounds like a thoracic problem that has to do with the ribs on my back. He said i still need to have it checked out. Also need some sort of heart test since my father had 4 or 5 heart attacks and the 5th one killed him at 65 or thereabouts.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
You have started to get help keep it going mate.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Father had multiple heart attacks and son doesn't want to see a dr about his reoccurring chest pain.....

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Go see a doctor. What have you got to lose ? Maybe your life as you know it ?
Dr. Figjam recommends that if you are on Nexium reflux medication, you may have gall bladder problems. After 3 severe gall attacks, (the first one I thought I was having a heart attack, ambos arrived within 10 minutes), got it removed, no more chest pains, but you do have to put up with some resulting inconvenient personal problems and being on Somac for the rest of your life.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Even if there was a doctor on this site they would not give you an answer without first seeing you. My young brother died about 14 months ago from a blood clot that traveled from his legs to his brain. Same as you wouldn't go and see a doctor.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mate , take it from someone who knows get it checked out . Ask for a stress test so the condition of your heart can be monitored. I was the same as you hate going to the docs unless i am dying . Four and a half years ago i had some mild chest pain for a few days and just dismissed it as heartburn . I ended up having a massive heart attack and was lucky to survive the ordeal. The paramedics said another 5 minutes and it would have been all over . I think we all tend to think that with a heart attack we have massive chest pain and we fall in a heap on the floor but that is not always the case . You can have 10 people in a room that have all had a heart attack and they can all have had different symptoms . I'm not trying to scare you but any chest pain should be investigated. Also as a point of interest , my cardiologist said that if you father has had a heart attack the chances of you having one is pretty high and you could have it 10 years earlier. My father had two and survived both he is 91 . Had his first one at 70 and i had mine at 58 . So i can't stress to you enough to get checked out .