Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anti Malware/Spyware

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hi,

Because im an outright dumbass, I have a ton (im guessing) of Adware and Spyware on my laptop, mostly from clicking deceptive Download links on webpages for files, and accidentally accepting random software to install when I install other (wanted) software.

I'm not sure hwo is or who isn't aware, but I have identified the GoSauve trojan/virus/spyware/adware, whatever it is.

No matter how I try, admin privelages etc, Spybot SD will NOT clear this for me.

I have identified an issue with some software called WinSpeed (nfi how it got there or anything), I noticed this from downloading Malware Bytes and as soon as it was installed, it went crazy identifying winspeed_x64.dll as my threat.

Add/Remove programs will NOT clear this software for whatever reason, I have removed ALL other files apart from the DLL's in the directory in ProgramData. I also tried removing the files using CMD in admin mode, which they wouldn't because Chrome was using these files (even through chrome was closed and process not running).

Any ideas?

Thorough removal softwares (freeware)?

I will also add that formatting the hard drive really is not an option at this stage, in a couple of weeks maybe.. I have a couple of projects currently on the go, and cannot 'leave them hanging'

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
IMO the best thing to do would be to format and start fresh...

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
you could try adwcleaner, i've had success with it in the past with people clicking links they shouldn't.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty

baby-crying.jpg

Yeahhhh im gonna hit the laptop tonight with a couple of things, but ultimately need to format it. Everyone has basically told me that.. I have a few important projects I gotta complete before I do that. IUt'll just be ****-ton annoying..

Thanks guys

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
pull the drive out, stick in a usb caddy/dock and use another PC to clean it. that way your not booting off it, no file locks, and clean it that way.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

I agree with this. Save all your documents and pictures and movies and songs and **** to a portable drive/USB stick, and start fresh.

Really should be done every so often anyway.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I agree with this. Save all your documents and pictures and movies and songs and **** to a portable drive/USB stick, and start fresh.

Really should be done every so often anyway.

I usually upgrade my OS HDD at the same time so I don't actually ever risk losing anything... This time put in a half a TB SSD. The OS now takes less time to boot that the bios takes to finish post. lol

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
All's good, I have 2x Portable hardrives which I can untilise..

Thanks guys.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I usually upgrade my OS HDD at the same time so I don't actually ever risk losing anything... This time put in a half a TB SSD. The OS now takes less time to boot that the bios takes to finish post. lol

I upgrade my HDD when I build a new computer, every 3-4 years. I've never had a HDD fail so I don't bother getting a new one. But if I ever have one fail its no biggie since all my movies are backed up.

My brothers shitty AMD X2 laptop on the other hand just had a massive HDD failure, it took 3 different data recovery programs to even pull the registry hive files, and even most of them were corrupted. 99.9% of data was un-saveable. I just need the Office serial key. Got it in the end.

Replaced his 500GB platter HDD with a Samsung 120GB 840 EVO (because they are only $77), since he just uses the internet and Office he doesn't need the space, that piece of **** laptop is actually half respectable now. Its amazing how much of a performance boost a SSD provides.