Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alloytec Performance upgrades

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
What can i do to my commodore international to get more performance, Will a aftermarket air filter help what other things can i do? a tune maybe?

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Andrew

Great to hear from you, I personally am not up on the VE Alloytec tuning much, there are a couple of options but not sure of the value of them.

Maybe some other forum contributors can help out on this one

ozman599

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supermarine
alloytec sound

Didnt you already ask that question? lol

<Im not sure on the VE berlina, does it have a twin system or just a single exhaust system?
Alloytec doesnt sound anything like ecotec>

And never will. The ecotec is derived from the Buick alloy V8 and is thus a 90 degree V6. What is called an "uneven fire" engine. The alloytec is a 60 degree V6 and thus an "even fire" engine. ie the engine ignition events are evenly spaced around the 360 degrees of rotation.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
[
And never will. The ecotec is derived from the Buick alloy V8 and is thus a 90 degree V6. What is called an "uneven fire" engine. The alloytec is a 60 degree V6 and thus an "even fire" engine. ie the engine ignition events are evenly spaced around the 360 degrees of rotation.

you sure? there are "odd" fire buick V6 engines and "even" fire buick V6 engines as well. they have offset bigends. all the buicks and ecotecs fitted to commodores are even fire:thumbsup:

ozman599

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supermarine
duh

you sure? there are "odd" fire buick V6 engines and "even" fire buick V6 engines as well. they have offset bigends. all the buicks and ecotecs fitted to commodores are even fire:thumbsup:

You got me there immortality. As I have not had anything to do with Ecotecs other than knowing they were derived from the Buick 90 deg V8. I just assumed the Ecotec was an uneven fire V6. A quick search tells me they changed the Buick V6 to a split crank in 1977. Live and learn!!!!!

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
how much for an x force catback system??? any drone on the inside of the car?? i havnt realy heard an alloytec with an exhaust. sound anything like an ecotec???

i had one cost $700, xforce 2.5'

heaps of drone, lasted on my ve ute for 3 days, hated it

pt72supra

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 Single Turbo Supra
What are the stock injector sizes?

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
PT

290cc ............ I think .....

We do the SC kits with 450cc

The software gives you access to just 200 or so tables out of hte 10's of thousands of tables in the BOSCH ECU. It is not likely anyone will be doing anymore work on it anytime soon, you will be restricted in same way as we have been