Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aldl Software?

D

Dev1lman

Does anyone out there have or know of any *decent* aldl software?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you could get it (which you can) and hook up the ALDL connector with a 10 k resistor. The Vehicle service mode information isnt really interesting anyway. It spits out things like RPM, MAP sensor voltage, TPS Voltage, Manifold Air Temps, Coolant sensor temps, Injector flow rate and duty cycle etc etc etc.

Kalmaker software is what you need to really play with the ECU and a good knowledge of EPROM's, burning and all the other stuff I know nothing about

Jake.

Jimbo

Reaction score
QUOTE (bizzo @ Jan 18 2004, 11:03 PM)Where can i buy ALDL connectors from?
I've come across a connector that mates up perfectly with the ALDL connector present in the VN-VP(early) female connector.

Its part of a stereo harness that suits a Toyota Camry 87-94. Worth about $15-20 and is commonly available at Marlows, SuperCheap Auto, etc,..

The details are:
- Manufacturer: AERPRO
- MODEL: APP0141

All that's needed is to populate the pins to suit the Commodore. There's two connectors supplied in the harness, one is suitable the other can be scavenged to populate the 1st.

Info may be useful to those wishing to make a cable, etc,.. To easily plug straight in to monitor their Commodore.

Cheers,

Jim.....

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (Jimbo @ Feb 3 2004, 10:36 PM) Info may be useful to those wishing to make a cable, etc,.. To easily plug straight in to monitor their Commodore.

Whats the monitoring done by ?? Is it plugged str8 into a laptop ?? which I would assume it would need some software installed as well ??

Jimbo

Reaction score
QUOTE (Locksmiff @ Feb 8 2004, 09:51 AM)Whats the monitoring done by ?? Is it plugged str8 into a laptop ?? which I would assume it would need some software installed as well ??
Locky,

Never done it,... I got the connector last summer and was planning to have a play but alas got sidetracked with many other things.

I imagine in 'normal' mode there'd be some data spat out in a serial stream which you could look at. Here's a site I was looking at last time: http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl160/aldl_sw.htm, which I think is a pretty common starting point to those with similar thoughts. Seems like with the right definition file you could capture data straight to file that you could upload into eXel to analyze?

The cable virtually goes straight into a serial port of a computer/laptop, its described here http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/aldl160/aldl_hw.htm - a few additional components are required.

Jim.....