Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra Wheel Alignment?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
I quizzed a mechanic (not the boss) at my local car place (who have done OK work on my other car) about fitting 4 King Springs (30mm raised) to my Adventra.

He was a bit cautious about how long it would take, since they hadn't worked on an Adventra before, but the hourly rate was good, so I'll probably take the job to them when the springs arrive.

He mentioned that it would need a wheel alignment afterwards.
I knew that, and asked if they could do that too.

To my surprise, he said no - it would have to be a "4WD wheel alignment", which they don't do.

This is the first I've ever heard of this. I owned a 4WD Subaru for years and never heard of a "4WD wheel alignment"
Is he right?

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
It's actually what they call a 4 head alignment. Or they ability to front and rear alignment. Adventra no different to a normal commodore. Rear first, which is toe adjustment and if aftermarket camber. Front is camber through the grub screw/pin on the strut and toe.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I want to get a wheel alignment for my Cross6, and was told same as RWD. Don't agree !
I have seen the specifications for AWD wheel alignment.....even thought I printed it out.. .

dgp, (forum member ), posted photos of the specs, but those photos are gone.

Now I can't find my printout, .................Help !

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Found my AWD printout in a file of useless info ........... only took 8 years :D
Looking at the wheel alignment done back then, it is shown on the workshop results as a 'VZ ute' ....... Hmm, they didn't adjust the rear camber settings ( wonder why ) when the front were only a bee's dick out/adjusted. And those front specs could have been for a RWD ute, can't remember

Getting this job done on the Cross6 on Monday, along with a good look under it for any other stuff that may need it. Lately the steering has developed a tendency to drift to the left on good road. Could be interesting, I hope not.

But as there does not seem to be any other references or current posts about AWD wheel alignments, does our good guru @Fu Manchu have any specs readily available that could posted in the AWD thread. Please. :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There you go. Already had it saved on my desktop.

Attachments

• AWD Front Suspension.pdf
    743.3 KB · Views: 139

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
What a Load of BS,

When I went to get the RWC for my Adventra in Nov 2021,
I needed 2 front Tyres,
So I took it to my local Bridgestone outlet,
They fitted 2 new front tires, and did a 4 wheel alignment,
Then received my RWC from the mechanic who inspected it.

and all the tyres are wearing great, that's 36,000 k/s ago.

I have since fitted Kings Springs (KHRR-65) on the 29/1/2022 at 243,000 k/s to the Rear of my Adventra,
And its now up to 274,000 k/s, and tires are wearing ok.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Tell me to stick my nose out of it, or shut my gob, but alignment specs are a broad guide.....

You can put in what ever vehicle you want, it doesn't adjust the camber/caster/toe for it...It just gives a wide spectrum on where is a "factory guide" as acceptible for it to be set....

Tyre wear is the only true way to just how to set it and yes unfortunately it is a dying art....1 MM toe, 1/4 degree camber or 1/4 degree caster can mean the difference between it driving straight/ not wearing tyres....

Of course, do feel free to post up that I can shut my trap and not know what I'm saying.....Just posting up what I know, which mightn't be much.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thanks. Now filed electronically.
Page 63 with the specs are what I had 'filed away' in paper.

@Immortality or Mods, can you transfer this to the AWD thread, please.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You can put in what ever vehicle you want, it doesn't adjust the camber/caster/toe for it...It just gives a wide spectrum on where is a "factory guide" as acceptible for it to be set....

Tyre wear is the only true way to just how to set it and yes unfortunately it is a dying art....1 MM toe, 1/4 degree camber or 1/4 degree caster can mean the difference between it driving straight/ not wearing tyres....
Not having a go at you, but you reckon that the AWD Commodores, with different bits hanging off the front, different track, are the same as the RWDs.
I dunno, that is why I am asking about it.